Amundi, the leading European asset manager, offers its 100 million clients – retail, institutional and corporate – a complete range of savings and investment solutions in active and passive management, in traditional or real assets.
With its six international investment hubs and offices in more than 35 countries, financial and extra-financial research capabilities and long-standing commitment to responsible investment, Amundi is a key player in the asset management landscape. It is the only European player to rank in the top 10 asset managers worldwide.
Amundi clients benefit from the expertise and advice of 4,800 employees in more than 35 countries. A subsidiary of the Crédit Agricole group and listed on the stock exchange, Amundi currently manages more than €1.8 trillion of assets.
Why Join us?
We actively encourage our people to draw on their entrepreneurial spirit, which at Amundi is fostered by a culture of fast growth and business development that promotes innovation and problem-solving. We are convinced that encouraging people to take an entrepreneurial approach is the best way to leverage business opportunities across functional lines and borders and the key to sustainable growth. We also take our responsibility towards society very seriously having embedded responsible investing since our creation in 2010 in everything we do, working every day in the interests of our clients and society.
Therefore, we look for individuals with an entrepreneurial mindset and who understand that to create value you need to lead, question, innovate, and continuously strive to improve.
Our goal is to retain, nurture and develop talent, through mobility and training. By offering our people the opportunity to acquire knowledge and broaden their horizon, we help them reach their maximum potential and create added-value, for themselves and for Amundi.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme. While we can’t guarantee a permanent position at the end of the 12 month contract, it is our intention to make an offer to extend a further year, but this is up to how well you perform. 75% of Investment20/20 trainees are offered permanent positions.
Our traineeship will introduce you to investment management and you will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career and provide you with skills to secure a permanent role. We will support you in achieving a professional qualification if this is something you are interested in doing. As part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with over 300 trainees across the industry and participate in socials and insight events.
Our trainee programme is a fixed term one year contract paying £28,000. You will receive 24 days annual leave. All roles are based in London. You will also receive a signing on bonus of £2,000 payable in the first month.
This is a programme intended to give you a breadth of knowledge and experience within the business to enable you to make informed decisions about where you would like to develop your career.
The main mission of the Amundi London Middle Office is to actively support the Portfolio Managers in their day-to-day management along as meeting client’s needs for data. This being achieved by ensuring that position-keeping records are kept up to date and that both valuations and reporting published are consistent with them. Training will be provided by the team.
The team acts as the main point of contacts for Portfolio Managers of Global Emerging and Global Fixed Income investment platform based in Amundi UK. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Cash, Net Asset Valuation and Holdings reconciliations and investigate any discrepancies until the problem is resolved.
- Follow-up with Trade Processing departments on failure or delay in settlement until claim case closed.
- Instruct daily margin calls with Exchange Trading Derivatives clearers when required and monitor closely any kind of collateral exchanged on the portfolios (cash or securities).
- Perform currency funding for trades performed in exotic currencies.
- Ensure client reports are delivered within the deadlines and liaise with the different internal teams in order to amend incorrect data.
- Follow-up events on portfolios with Business Implementation team.
- Assist and actively contribute to any new Middle Office projects aimed at improving controls and the overall efficiency of the team.
If you are a school/college leaver or graduate who has an interest in working within financial services and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Team player, but also able to work effectively alone;
- Inquisitive and enjoys interpreting information and problem solving;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A strong desire to learn;
- Fluency in English, both oral and written;
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV and answers to the application questions below to London_HR@amundi.com with the subject line ‘Amundi – Middle Office Trainee’.
Successful candidates will be asked for a video interview with the hiring manager, followed by video interviews with the team and HR.
As part of your application, please answer the below questions in 250-300 words per answer.
- What evidence can you give us that you have personal drive and determination?
- Tell us about the most interesting project or piece of work you have completed as part of your studies at either school/college or university. What did you have to do and what interested you most about it?
- What is the most challenging situation you have faced and how did you deal with it?