Applications are now open for the Undergraduate Summer School 2022 run by the British Ecological Society.
This year the Summer School will start with an online day held on the 12th July, followed by a residential field trip to Blencathra FSC Centre within the Lake District, 15th to 18th July. Applicants must be from UK or Ireland-based universities and in an ecology-related undergraduate degree.
This Summer School is an opportunity for undergraduate students of all levels to gain insights into careers in the ecology and environment sector and develop vital experience and skills including:
- Practical field skills through outdoor activities
- Workshops in a range of specialist ecological fields (e.g. botany, entomology, etc…)
- Careers talks from professionals in the sector both within and outside of research
- Transferable skills development (e.g. CV, science communication, wellbeing, etc…)
- Networking opportunities with professionals and peers
We strongly encourage applications from students that feel that they have experienced or still experience barriers to their career development, and who have gaps in their practical field skills.
Applications close Tuesday 3rd May 9:00am BST, and students can find further details of the Summer School and apply online by filling out the Google forms document via our website. We can discuss alternative application methods with applicants should this be a barrier.
If you are interested in applying or have questions about eligibility and the application process, please contact Fiona Le Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org).