Female P/T Therapy Assistant Required – Isle of Sheppey
£13.50 per hour weekdays and weekends
Term-time shifts – weekdays between 3.30pm and 7.00pm, weekend hours are variable
School holiday shifts – weekdays only, variable hours up to 15 per week.
This is a great opportunity for a therapy assistant to assist a 14 year-old girl with her independence and ongoing rehabilitation.
Our client is very able and lives at home with her family on the Isle of Sheppey. She has an acquired brain injury which has resulted in the need for ongoing rehab as recommended by her therapists. The role itself is very varied and you will assist the client both at home and in the community. You will be part of the bigger multi-disciplinary team and be trained by some of the therapists helping you to gain valuable skills, knowledge and experience to be able to maximise yours and our client’s potential.
Candidates without experience will be considered as full training will be provided. Personality, work ethic, adaptability, motivation, enthusiasm and a positive attitude are very important for this role.
- To assist the client’s rehabilitation by promoting the therapists’ goals and recommendations
- To support daily functioning and independence in the home environment, e.g. cooking skills
- To support the client’s educational needs by assisting with homework, etc
- To support the client to access community activities
- Full driving licence and use of a car for work purposes essential
- DBS at enhanced level required – the employer will pay if you need to apply for one
- Flexibility with regard to hours and days of work
- Occupational requirement under the Equality Act 2010 for females only.
About Head First:
Head First provides access to mandatory training and brain injury specific training. Head First also provide regular 1:1 clinical supervision and 24/7 emergency on-call support. We have experienced payroll and human resources teams so therapy assistants always have a point of contact for employment and pay queries.
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference BJe/10/21
A job description, person spec and privacy notice can be viewed on our website at:
Job description and person spec http://www.head-first.org/sites/0057/uploads/content/support-worker-vacancies/therapy-asst-anon-07-oct-2021.pdf?1637685332