Read on for the latest work experience opportunities, employability and careers events as well as graduate scheme openings and study plus workshops happening in the next two weeks.
HSS EMPLOYABILITY EVENTS
- Wednesday 6th October 2021
12pm -1pm – Employability and Careers for HSS PGT Students
1pm – 2pm – Employability and Careers for HSS Stage 3 Students
Join us for an introduction to the careers and employability support available to you at Kent. Meet the Employability Officer for your School. Find out how to book a one-to-one careers chat and what careers events we have coming up. Representatives from the Careers and Employability Service will also be there to talk about how to register with them, sign up for skills events and workshops and earn Employability Points. You will also find out about ASPIRE – the business start-up scheme where you can access mentoring and funding for your business idea.
- Wednesday 13th October – Careers in the Public Sector
5.30pm – 6.30pm – EMPFEST Event – “A panel of alumni from the social sciences discuss their Careers in the Public Sector”
A panel of alumni from the social sciences disciplines (HSS) at Kent discussing their careers in the public sector. The event aims to showcase the wide range of organisations and career paths available to graduates.
For more information on our guest speakers CLICK HERE
- The Civil Service Fast Stream is now OPEN for applications
The Civil Service Fast Stream is an accelerated career path to leadership designed to accelerate progression to the most senior Civil Service roles.
Application window has opened for Fast Stream 2022 and closes on Thursday 21st October at Noon.
- Pfizer Undergraduate Placements
Pfizer currently have a variety of undergraduate roles live on their website commencing September 2022. Non-lab based roles are still open for application and will close 31st October 2021.
Students need to complete a Pfizer application form to apply.
Find out more here: https://www.pfizer.co.uk/undergraduate-vacancies
- Work Experience Opportunity – working with people with dementia
A rewarding, part-time voluntary role that will involve supporting people with dementia of all ages and varying stages in enjoying poetry and creating their own pieces of writing.
- Deloitte Insight Day – Economic Advisory
Are you interested in using economic theory and analytical thinking to solve everyday business and policy issues? Economic Advisory is looking for graduates in Economics (Master’s/PhD) for graduate positions and 3rd year undergraduate students for internships in the London and Cambridge offices.
Click here for more information
STUDY PLUS EVENTS
- StudyPlus- Goal Setting and Goal Achieving Tuesday 5th – 2pm – 3.30pm
- Learn the benefits of goal setting and why you should set them
- Learn a framework to use to set goals and tips on how to make it work for you
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8293&service=Careers+Service
- StudyPlus – Working in a team – Wednesday 6th October – 1.30pm – 3pm
- Identify the characteristics of a great team
- Examined the roles people play in teams
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8295&service=Careers+Service
- StudyPlus – Can I say that? An introduction to inclusive language and reclaimed words – Thursday 7th October – 10am – 12.30pm
- Exploring what we mean by ‘tone of voice’ in organisations
- Guiding principles and best practice
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8297&service=Careers+Service
- StudyPlus – Emotional Intelligence – Monday 11th October 11am – 12.30pm
- Understand the importance and impacts of emotional intelligence I in the workplace and for career building
- Create actions you can take to increase your own emotional intelligence
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8239&service=Careers+Service
- StudyPlus – Careers in Strategy and Management Consultancy – Monday 11th October 2pm – 3.30pm
Providing a comprehensive overview of strategy and management consultancy. We will speak about the ‘hot’ sectors in the consulting market for 2022-23, the prospects for students who want to join a consulting firm and offer tips and techniques for making a successful application.
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8097&service=Careers+Service
- StudyPlus – The Business start-up Journey – Wednesday 13th October 1pm – 2pm
Join ASPIRE to discover how starting a business can be built on solving problems in the world around us and how developing entrepreneurial skills can enhance your employability. Learn more about the Business Start-Up Journey and its support for student start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8103&service=Careers+Service
- StudyPlus – Coaching skills to help you raise your game – Friday 15th October 2pm – 4pm
Knowing how to communicate well with people is an essential skill both at work and in our personal lives. This 2-hour workshop course will provide you with useful communication and leadership skills that will enhance your ability to build relationships and gain respect.
Book here – https://careers.kent.ac.uk/leap/event.html?id=8243&service=Careers+Service
KENT CAREERS EVENTS
Wednesday 6th October
10:00 – 11:00 How to get started with LinkedIn
13:00 – 14:00 Volunteering in Kent Community Oasis garden
Thursday 7th October
14:00 – 15:00 Finding work experience
Friday 8th October
12:00 – 13:00 – Interview skills including video interviews
Monday 11th October
18:00 – 19:00 Working as a Probation Officer alumni panel
Wednesday 13th October
13:00 – 14:00 Interventions Alliance: Working in justice and probation rehabilitation
Thursday 19th October
12.05 – 13.05 Getting your dream job in the games industry (Live talk with Mark Backler, Founder of Sketchbook Games)
EXTERNAL EMPLOYER EVENTS
Wednesday 6 October
12:00-13:00 Invesco present Finance: More than just numbers
14:00-15:00 HSBC: Budgeting
Thursday 7 October
13:00-14:00 Add something amazing to your CV with a summer in America.
Thursday 21st October
Siemens: Women in STEM student event (need to register by 6th October!)
BOOK A 1-1 CAREERS OR PLACEMENTS CHAT
To book a 1-1 appointment with our Employability or Placements Officer, please use this link: