The Temporary Centre For Resistance
17 January – 31 March 2019
The Temporary Centre for Resistance (The Temp) is a two-month residency and collaboration between Precarious@KentUni and Studio Three Gallery. The Temp is a space of resistance within the body of the university, resistance through radical community building and by claiming a sense of individual ownership over the spaces we work in. The gallery is used for activism, art production, temporary exhibitions, a regular yoga and movement class, lectures, performances, film-screenings, reading groups, and workshops.
In addition to a daily Lunch at The Temp (where anyone is welcome to drop in, eat your lunch, chat to current members and maybe even take a cheeky nap) here is this week’s (18 – 22 March) programme for events at the Temporary Centre for Resistance:
- Mon 18th, 6-7: David Byrne’s EEEI: The Corporate Ideology of Power Point. Can a system be resisted from within? Asks Byrne through the lens of Powerpoint animations.
- Mon 18th and Tue 19th, 11-3: Echoes of Those in Earnest: Dramatizing the Political. Every Monday and Tuesday for the rest of the residency Jonjo Brady will be filming poetry of resistance. Come and lend your voice to the struggle.
- Wed 20th, 1-2: Yoga at the Temp run by @freedformyoga. Some mats will be provided. Pay what you can.
- Thur 21st, 1-4: Beet Box lunch and Vegan Fashion show. Box collection stall, fashion show, art and music.
- Thur 21st, 4-6: Anthropology Today. Open discussion, more info to follow on our FB page.
- Thur 21st, 6-7: Feldenkrais awareness through movement. Gentle movement class that relaxes, energises, and increases bodily awareness, run by Kristin Fredricksson. Pay what you can.
- Thur 21st, 7-9: Poetry Night hosted by the Islamic Society. More info to follow on our FB page.