The Temporary Centre For Resistance
17 January – 31 March 2019
In addition to our daily Lunch at The Temp, here’s this week’s programme for events at the Temporary Centre for Resistance:
- Wed 13th, 1-2: Yoga at the Temp run by @freedformyoga. Some mats will be provided. Pay what you can.
- Wed 13th, 2-4: Disability and Precarity Discussion Group. Join us for a screening & discussion of short talks by academics on working life with a disability.
- Thur 14th, 10-2: Love is very much NOT in the air with an anti-valentine’s lego making performance workshop. Exactly. Contact email@example.com for more details or just come by if intrigued.
- Thur 14th, 6-7: Feldenkrais awareness through movement. Gentle movement class that relaxes, energises, and increases bodily awareness, run by Kristin Fredricksson. Pay what you can.
- Thur 14th, 7.30-9: Film Screening. Share the love Kent anthropology department have for Yugoslavian director Dusan Makavejev with a film night dedicated to the recently departed master of the screen.
- Friday 15th, 4-6: Playing to Lose. A live action role-play workshop w/Adam James exploring empathy between opposed groups, inanimate objects and fictional beings.
In addition to the above events, this week @TheTemp2019 is proud to be sharing space with the work of six emerging artists from Syria. ‘The Scene from the Bekaa’ will be on display all week. Come watch, read, hear and experience these great new works.