The University highly values the contributions made by our research students to our undergraduate teaching.  Research students should be aware that that there are different types of contracts. Some students will be on Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs) which provide their tuition fees, salary and a stipend (normally for three years). Other research students may be employed on hourly paid lecturer contracts (HPL contracts). Research students should read the terms and conditions of their employment contracts carefully.

Academic schools must ensure that appropriate support and guidance is in place for all new postgraduate student teachers and demonstrators as per the requirements of Annex P of the Code of Practice for Research Student Teachers and Demonstrators.

Please see to the right, Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) Handbook and information for research students on hourly paid contracts.