A Student’s Perspective on Studying in Paris during the Pandemic

The prospects of moving to another country may seem daunting and the Covid-19 pandemic has added additional layers of complexity to international travel. Our students’ health and mental wellbeing, as well as maintaining the quality of our teaching, have remained our top priority, as outlined in this message from our Dean for Europe, Jeremy Carrette. Thanks to our intimate class sizes of the Paris School of Arts and Culture, we have been in the fortunate position of being able to continue delivering in-person teaching. We were very pleased to welcome students from around the world this past year, including students in enrolled on our programmes with a term in Paris. This is what brought Master’s in Film student Callum B. to Paris in January 2021. Read about Callum’s experience in Paris below.

Study Abroad in Paris

“Studying with Kent in Paris truly was transformative moment in my life. The experiences I had during this time were incredible considering the ongoing pandemic. The staff at the university fully supported the students and provided a unique experience for us considering the situation. Above this, they were always available for a chat and were willing to help at any given moment. The staff truly adapted perfectly to the challenges they faced to give students the best experience possible, both in and out of the classroom.

“Despite many things being closed during my time in the city, I still have come away feeling more than satisfied with my experience. I was able to fully immerse myself in the Parisian lifestyle and enjoy many of the famous happenings that Paris has to offer. Additionally, through the course, I made fantastic friends and met people who I will treasure for the rest of my life.

“As the city begins to open again, I can only imagine how great it will be for future students coming to Reid Hall, who will have an incredible time on campus as well as creating new friendships and exploring this beautiful city.

“The university allowed me to have an opportunity that I will never forget and one that has opened my eyes to new possibilities in the future such as potentially returning to Paris to live.” — Callum B.

Since Callum’s departure at the end of our spring 2021 term, France has eased most Covid-19 restrictions, and a sense of vibrancy has returned to the city. You can read about current Covid-related restrictions in place on the French Government’s dedicated English-language website: https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19.

Learn more about studying at Kent in Paris here.