EmpFest kicks off on Monday 1st October – a month-long series of events, workshops, talks and opportunities focused exclusively on your employability development.
You can find the full programme of events on the CES EmpFest website, but here are some of the highlights (click the link to go to TargetConnect for more details and to book a place at any of the sessions):
- How to choose your perfect career – Mon 1st Oct, 1pm-2pm, KLT6
- CVs & Covering Letters – Mon 6th Oct, 2pm-3pm, DLT3
- Preparing for the Careers Fair – Wed 3rd Oct, 1pm-2pm, KLT6
- Identify your skills – Wed 5th Oct, 2pm-3pm, KLT6
- Introduction to the Humanities Placement Year – Thurs 4th Oct, 12noon-1pm, KLT5
- Professional networking skills – Fri 5th Oct, 2pm-3pm, KLT5
There are loads of other events taking place next week, and throughout EmpFest. The School has organised some of its own events, including a Careers Day at the PWRR & Queen’s Regiment Museum at Dover Castle and a talk on using your research skills in careers outside higher education. There will undoubtedly be something for you, and the School strongly encourages you to go along to as many sessions and events as possible, and to take advantage of the range of opportunities and advice available on campus during EmpFest.