Damian Harateh is the Jobshop Student Ambassador, and has written a short post outlining the work the Jobshop does to help students find part-time work. If you are interested in working alongside your degree, you are encouraged to sign up to their newsletter, and go along to one of the skills workshops Damian will be holding this term.
Jobshop is a recruitment service provided by Kent Union to help students studying at the University of Kent in Canterbury and Medway to find part-time employment. Jobshop’s mission is to ensure that as many students as possible gain valuable work experience and develop employability skills whilst at Kent. We are located next to the Essentials in the central part of campus. We advertise part-time, temporary and seasonal work and some graduate jobs around Easter, which are both on and off campus. Last year we advertised a staggering 5,746 vacancies.
To not miss on any of the opportunities, make sure you subscribe to our weekly email newsletter. The easiest way to do it is to:
- Go to the Kent Union’s website (https://kentunion.co.uk/);
- Click ‘Student Sign In’ at the very top of the page (right under the website address bar in your browser);
- Press ‘Yes, continue’ for Kent Union to access your profile;
- Click ‘My Profile’ at the very top of the page (exactly where ‘Student Sign In’ was located);
- On the left-hand side, under Kent Union’s logo, choose ‘JobShop’ (located below ‘Activities’);
- Tick alerts that apply (Make sure you tick ‘Weekly Newsletter’, otherwise you will not receive it);
- Click ‘Save Changes’. If you followed all the steps correctly, you can expect a newsletter arriving straight in your inbox on Friday with all the latest jobs!
Also, follow us on our Facebook page (Jobshop@kent) where we post ‘spotted in Canterbury & Medway’ posts with job offers from various employers.
If you have any questions, we are open Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM (term time).
|You can also contact us through:
||Follow our updates on: