The University’s Development Office is hiring twenty-five student callers, to work on their telephone fundraising campaigns. This work will be shift-based, during the last two weeks of June.
For more details, see the Kent Union Jobshop website and the job description below.
To apply for the job, send a CV and answers to the questions below to: email@example.com
£7.09 hourly rate
Calling will commence on Monday the 19th of June and finish on Sunday the 2nd of July. Callers will be asked to work two shifts per week (6-9pm) and either a Saturday or Sunday (12-5).
The Development Office runs fundraising telephone campaigns in order to raise money for student support. This includes providing scholarships, supporting students going through financial trouble and helping to finance student projects. Thanks to recent changes in regulation, we now require alumni’s consent to be contacted for fundraising purposes.
Your job will involve contacting the University’s alumni to find out about their career since leaving the university and to update them on upcoming events. You will also be asking for their consent to be contacted in the future for fundraising purposes.
We are looking for friendly and reliable students who don’t mind discussing their time at university if asked. Applicants should be comfortable on the phone, confident and willing to speak positively about their experiences at the University of Kent.
Questions that must be answered for job role application:
- Current Year of Study
- Have you taken part in any activities, clubs or societies at Kent since you started?
- What experience do you have in a telephone based or customer facing role?
- Why are you applying for this job? Please describe two personal qualities that you feel make you suited to this work.
- Will you be able to attend a training evening on the 15th of June?
- Can you commit to work for six shifts between June 19th – 2nd of July, including two evening shifts in the week and one weekend shift, per week?
To apply for the job, send a CV and Cover Letter along with the answers to the above questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shift Work, Temporary