CHSS will continue as a provider for the Health Education England Kent Surrey Sussex (HEEKSS)/National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) Integrated Clinical Academic Programme (ICAP) Internships and Bridging Scheme 2022-2023.
Funding from HEEKSS will enable successful applicants to receive funding for backfill, training and academic supervision and mentorship
Available to Nurses, Midwives, and Non-Medical Allied Health Professionals, Social Workers and other registered health and care professionals, the ICAP Internships and Bridging schemes provide support to clinical academics to build on their previous academic training and develop proposals for Fellowships or pre- and post-doctoral awards, and take the next step on their clinical academic pathway.
Aims of the ICAP Internships and Bridging Scheme:
- Enable awardees to develop skills in higher-level reflection in relation to research based upon their discipline.
- Provide academic supervision and facilitate clinical mentorship to awardees to undertake research that builds upon a culture of critical evaluation and enquiry in relation to their services setting.
- Develop opportunity for self-directed research and reflection.
- Immerse awardees into a research environment and enable them to develop an independent piece of research in preparation for a PhD application or other research opportunities
- Consolidate post-doctoral awardees’ academic training and development whilst supporting them in balancing their clinical service needs, and assisting them with developing an application for the Clinical Lectureship or Senior Clinical Lectureship
Closing date for applications: 13 August 2022
For the Internships, you will need to apply online and upload all of your supporting documentation including the application form, to KentVision at the University of Kent
For the pre- and post-doc Bridging Schemes, please email the application form and supporting documents to the ICAP Programme Lead – Dr. Julie MacInnes: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: (documents download in Word)
UoK Application form ICAP intern 2022-23
UoK FAQ ICAP 2022-23
UoK_Application form Bridging Scheme 2022-23
ICAP Flyer 2022-23
(opens as pdf)