- The university has just opened a new round of voluntary redundancy but remember this is not backed up with a current threat of compulsory redundancies (1).
- You won a deal of ‘no compulsory redundancies as a result of the A&H review’ by voting to ballot for local industrial action if required.
- This deal also sets a positive precedent for the employer to avoid compulsory redundancies in other areas.
What you need to do now
- Read this guidance for members, as you may be approached about voluntary redundancy and/ or redeployment. Note that the redeployment policy currently only applies to members in A&H (2). Do not be pressured to take voluntary redundancy or redeployment.
- If you receive any information about possible compulsory redundancies in your work area email email@example.com and your elected Kent committee will act decisively.
- Engage in all Kent UCU activity & stay in touch even if you are unable to participate. This allows your colleagues to strategise based on up to date member engagement.
- “VR” or “VS”. See 8.2.23 email from Martin Atkinson
- The redeployment policy will be published in full by the employer imminently. Members voted overwhelmingly for the creation of such a policy as another way to prevent compulsory redundancies.