🎉Congratulations! 🎉 You have defended your job and those of fellow UCU members!
Our agreement with the University gives UCU members protection from job cuts in 2021.
Do you accept the agreement between UCU and the university to resolve the dispute over compulsory redundancies in 2021?
Thanks to your vote in the ballot and your agreement to accept a deal, our dispute over compulsory redundancies in 2021 is now closed. Your ballot beat job cuts!
Before your vote in the industrial action ballot, Kent University was:
- Drawing up redundancy selection criteria for academics.
- Aiming to cut £2 million from staff “costs”
- Refusing to rule out compulsory redundancies (CRs) in 2021
What have we won?
- No CRs as part of 2million ‘cost savings’
- No CRs due to recruitment
- No CRs due to any shortfalls in income
UoK UCU & senior management’s full dispute resolution statement can be read here