Software for students
Software made available on student PCs is reviewed every year. New packages, or newer versions of software packages, are introduced during the summer in time for the following academic year.
The School does not maintain a software library of our own.
Some of the software packages taught/used in the School are Open Source, such as:
- TeXmaker – cross-platform LaTeX editor
- Other LaTeX packages are available – see The LaTeX Project
- R statistical software
- RStudio – cross-platform graphical interface for R
Most proprietary software used within the School – such as Maple and Matlab – can be installed on your own computer. You can obtain the software, and licensing details
- via the Templeman Library (on CD or DVD) or
- by using the Kent On The Hub online store.