Reference material and bibliographies
Online reference works
- Oxford Reference Online: large collection of online reference works which can be searched singly or as a group. It includes subject and language dictionaries, thesauri, Who’s Whos and biographical dictionaries.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED): the online version of the authoritative dictionary of the English language
Free online reference tools for health and medicine
- MIMS (Monthly Index of Medical Specialties): access available to GMC registered members, MIMS subscribers, or on a free 1 month trial basis to health care professionals and practitioners
- MediLexicon: dictionary of medical and pharmaceutical acronyms and abbreviations
- Medline Plus Medical Encyclopaedia: photographs, articles and illustrations of medical and health topics
- Online Dictionary of Mental Health
- Online Medical Dictionary
Reference books and indexes
In the Templeman Library subject based reference and bibliographic material is usually shelved in separate sequences near the main book sequences for that subject. Both reference and bibliographic items have blue tape on their spines and are shown in blue on the Library maps.