Critical audit/ governance
- Audit Commission: independent body measuring value for money attained from public services
- Care Quality Commission: joint official body which monitors quality standards in social care, health care and mental health care. Replaces the Commission for Social Care Inspection, Healthcare Commission, and the Mental Health Act Commission.
- National Audit Office: independent body which audits financial statements of government departments
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence: body that investigates efficacy and cost effectiveness of public health interventions and new therapies
- Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman: web site of the independent investigating body that looks into complaints made against Government departments
- Standards & Clinical Interests: section of the Royal College of General Practitioners website