Welcome to the new Research Group on Orthogonal Polynomials, Special Functions and Operator Theory and Applications based in the UK and Leuven (Belgium), supported by a London Mathematical Society Joint Research Groups grant.
The group consists of a mixture of applied and pure analysis groups working on the modern theory of orthogonal polynomials and special functions, operator theory and their remarkable applications to other fields of mathematics including analytic number theory, random matrix theory and mathematical physics. The goal is to create a forum of discussion focused on the fruitful interactions between numerical analysis and approximation theory, operator theory, spectral methods and the modern theory of orthogonal polynomials and special functions. In many of those intersections, the use of complex analysis, especially the powerful machinery of Riemann-Hilbert analysis, has been vital to deal with a remarkable number of problems in random matrix theory, analytic number theory and mathematical physics.
- Bernhard Beckermann (Université Lille, France)
- Rod Halburd (University College London)
- Erik Koelink (Radboud Univerity, the Netherlands)
- Igor Krasovsky (Imperial College, London)
- Ana Loureiro* (University of Kent)
- Alexander Pushnitski* (King’s College of London)
- Nicholas Simm (University of Sussex)
- Jani Virtanen* (University of Reading)
- Walter Van Assche (University of Leuven, Belgium)
(*: main organisers)
Mailing List: email@example.com
To subscribe to our mailing list and receive news about activities organised, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from the address you want to subscribe to the list
In the subject line of your message, type in:
subscribe opsfota-group Firstname LastName
(replacing Firstname and Name by your Firstname and your LastName)
and leave the message body blank.
6th SEMINAR : University of Sussex (4th June 2019)
The 6ht seminar will take place at University of Sussex 4 June 2019 and
is organised by Nick Simm.
Detailed programme is available at
7th SEMINAR : KU Leuven (September 2019)
The fifth seminar will take place at KU Leuven in September 2019 and is organised by Walter Van Assche and Arno Kuijlaars.
Details will be posted soon.
Peter Clarkson (Kent)
Clare Dunning (Kent)
Marta Mazzocco (Birmingham)
Kalle Perfekt (Reading)
The meeting was followed by the workshop
at King’s on the 5th April 2019.
The forth seminar will take place at the University of Kent on the 16th January 2019.
- 3rd OPSFOTA
University of Reading, September 2018: 3-4 September 2018
This is a two day meeting: for more details please press here
Organiser: Jani Virtanen, University of Reading, U.K.
Alfredo Deaño (University of Kent, England)
Raffael Hagger (Leibniz University Hannover, Germany)
Nick Jones (University of Bristol, England)
Kasia Kozlowska (University of Reading, England)
Arno Kuijlaars (KU Leuven, Belgium)
Antti Perälä (University of Barcelona, Spain)
Eugene Shargorodsky (King’s College London, England)
Nick Simm (University of Sussex, England)
Tamas Titkos (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary)
Daniel Virosztek (Institute of Science and Technology Austria)
The second seminar will take place at the King’s College of London (KCL), on the 11th May 2018. The meeting is supported by a London Mathematical Society Joint Research Groups grant.
Speakers: Walter Van Assche (Leuven), Ana Loureiro (Kent), Georgy Pal Geher (Reading), Igor Krasovsky (Imperial)
Speakers: Marjolein Leurs (Leuven), Sheehan Olver (Imperial), Alexander Pushnitski (KCL), Jani Virtanen (Reading) and Ian Wood (Kent).
- Inverse Problems Network Meeting 5: 23-24 May 2019 in University of Kent
- Complex analysis: techniques, applications and computations (CAT – a programme at Isaac Newton Institute 2nd September 2019 to 19th December 2019). The programme includes three workshops:
CATW01 The complex analysis toolbox: new techniques and perspectives Workshop 9th September 2019 to 13th September 2019 CATW02 Complex analysis in mathematical physics and applications Workshop 28th October 2019 to 1st November 2019 CATW03 Computational complex analysis Workshop 9th December 2019 to 13th December 2019
- Elliptic integrable systems, special functions and quantum field theory, 16-20 June 2019, Nordic Institute for Theoretical Physics (NORDITA), Stockholm, Sweden
- The 15th International Symposium on Orthogonal Polynomials, Special Functions and Applications (OPSFA’15), 22-26 July 2019 in Hagenberg, Austria
- 30th International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications (IWOTA 2019), 22-26 July 2019 in Lisbon, Portugal
Please email Ana Loureiro (email@example.com) if you wish to add an event, have a query or your department would like to join the group.