Address: School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science University of Kent, Sibson Building Canterbury, CT2 7FS U.K.
I am a Senior Lecturer in Mathematics at the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science of the University of Kent.
I was a guest editor for the special issue Special Issue on Orthogonal Polynomials, Special Functions and Applications (OPSFA14) of the international Journal Symmetry, Integrability and Geometry: Methods and Applications (SIGMA)
Orthogonal polynomials and special functions, some aspects of combinatorics, integral transforms and integrable systems, including some applications to numerical analysis, probability and statistics and approximation theory.
Upcoming activities and events
- OPSFA 2024 – 17th Conference on Orthogonal Polynomials, Special Functions and Applications, June 24-28, 2024, Universidad de Granada, Spain.
- IWOTA 2024 – 35th International Workshop on Operator Theory and its Applications, 12-16 August 2024, University of Kent, UK
Past activities and events
- AR2W03 – Applicable resurgent asymptotics: summary workshop, 12-16 December 2022, INI – Cambridge, UK
- FoCM 2023, June 12 – June 21, Paris, France.
- Workshop on Integrable Systems and Orthogonal Polynomials – Numerical and Analytical Perspectives, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) 11-15 April 2023, Muizenberg, South Africa.
- AR2W02 – Mathematics of beyond all-orders phenomena, 31 October 2022 to 4 November 2022, INI – Cambridge, UK
- 16th OPSFA, 16th International Symposium on Orthogonal Polynomials, Special Functions and Applications – June 13-17, 2022 – (Online), Montreal, Canada.
- International Conference on Orthogonal Polynomials, 21-23 April 2022, Cadiz, Spain.
- OPSFOTA virtual seminar series: (not running at present)
- CLAM 2021 (online), Montevideo, Uruguay.
- “Complex Approximations Orthogonal Polynomials and Applications“, 5-11 April 2020, Sochi, Russia (online)
- FoCM 2020, June 15 – June 24, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada. (canceled)
- “Integrable Systems and Orthogonal Polynomials – Numerical and Analytical Perspectives”, 27 April – 1 May 2020, South Africa (canceled)
- “Complex Approximations Orthogonal Polynomials and Applications“, 5-11 April 2020, Sochi, Russia (moved online, June 2021)
- 15th OPSFA, 22-26 July 2019, Linz, Austria
- ISLAND V: Integrability, Special Functions and Combinatorics, 23-28 June 2019.
- 6th OPSFOTA, UK, 4 June 2019, University of Sussex, UK
- 5th OPSFOTA, 4 April 2019, King’s College London, UK
- 4th OPSFOTA, 16 January 2019, University of Kent, UK
- “Introduction of Orthogonal Polynomials and Applications” – AIMS-Volkswagen-workshop, Douala, Cameroon, 5-12 October, 2018
- 3rd OPSFOTA seminar, University of Reading, 3-4 September 2018.
- 2nd OPSFOTA seminar, King’s College of London, 11 May 2018.
- Kent Littoral seminar series, University of Kent, 8 May 2018
- Approximation and Matrix Functions (AMF 2018), University of Lille, May 31-June 1, 2018
- 1st OPSFOTA seminar, University of Kent, 28 March 2018 (organiser)
- “Operator Theory Workshop”, University of Reading, 2-4 October 2017
- “Integrable systems, symmetries, and orthogonal polynomials”, ICMAT, Madrid (Spain), 18-22 September 2017
- workshop “Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions”, Porto (Portugal), September 2017
- FoCM (Foundations of Computational Mathematics), Barcelona (Spain), July 2017
- OPSFA’14, University of Kent, 3-7 July 2017 (organiser)
- Summer School on OPSF, University of Kent, 26-30 June 2017 (organiser)
- ICMS workshop on ‘Applied and computational complex analysis’, Edinburgh, May 2017
- 7th South East Mathematical Physics Seminar, Kent, January 2017
- OPSFA’13 Gaithersburg, USA, July 2015
- ‘Computational complex analysis for free surface flows and other applications” workshop, UCL, London, 20-22 April 2015
- FoCM, Uruguay, December 2014
- Generalized higher-order Freud weights, Proc. R. Soc. A.479 (2272) –2022078820220788,2023. arXiv:2211.13645 (with P. Clarkson and K. Jordaan).
- Multiple orthogonal polynomials with respect to Gauss’ hypergeometric function, Stud. Appl. Math. (2022), pp 154-185 Preprint arXiv:2001.06820. (with H. Lima)
- Multiple orthogonal polynomials associated with confluent hypergeometric functions, J. Approx. Theory, 260 (2020), pp 105484. arXiv:2001.06820 (with H. Lima)
- Threefold symmetric Hahn-classical multiple orthogonal polynomials, Anal. Appl., 18(2):271–332, 2020. preprint arXiv 1901.01121 (with W. Van Assche)
- Volterra-type convolution of classical polynomials, Math. Comp. 88 (2019), 2351-2381 preprint arXiv 1804.10144 (with K. Xu)
- Spectral approximation of convolution operator., SIAM J. Sci. Comput. (2018) 40(4), A2336–A2355. [arXiv 1804.08762] (with K. Xu)
- Unique positive solution for an alternative discrete Painlevé I equation, J. Differ. Equ. Appl., (2016) 1023-6198. (with P. Clarkson and W. Van Assche) [arXiv 1508.04916]
- q-differential equations for q-classical polynomials and q-Jacobi-Stirling numbers, Mathematische Nachrichten 289 (2016), 693-717. (with J. Zeng)
- On especial cases of Boas-Buck type polynomial sequences, K. Alladi et al. (Eds.), Analytic Number Theory, Approximation Theory and Special Functions, in: Springer, 21 (2014) 521-535. (with S. Yakubovich)
- The Kontorovich-Lebedev transform as a map between d-orthogonal polynomials, Studies in Applied Mathematics, 131(3) (2013), 229-265. (with S. Yakubovich)
- Polynomial sequences associated with the classical linear functionals, Numerical Algorithms, 60 (2) (2012), 297-314. (with P. Maroni) [Preprint]
- Central factorials under the Kontorovich-Lebedev transform of polynomials, Integral Transforms and Special Functions, 24(3) (2013), 217-238. (with S. Yakubovich) [Preprint]
- On a polynomial sequence associated with the Bessel operator, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 142 (2014), 467-482. – (with P. Maroni and S. Yakubovich) [Preprint]
- Around q-Appell polynomial sequences, Ramanujan Journal, 26 (3) (2011), 311-321. (with Pascal Maroni) : [Preprint]
- On the convergence of Schröder iteration functions for pth roots of complex numbers, Appl. Math. Comput. 217 (27) (2011) 8833-8839. (with João Ribeiro Cardoso): [Preprint]
- Quadratic decomposition of Laguerre polynomials via lowering operators, Journal of Approximation Theory 163 (2011) 888–903. (with Pascal Maroni) : [Preprint]
- Iteration functions for pth roots of complex numbers, Numerical Algorithms 57 (3) (2011) 329-356. (with João Ribeiro Cardoso) [Preprint]
- New results on the Bochner condition about classical orthogonal polynomials, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 364 (2010) 307-323. : [Preprint]
- Quadratic decomposition of Appell sequences, Expositiones Mathematicae 26 (2008), 177-186. (with Pascal Maroni)
- The generalised Bochner condition about classical orthogonal polynomials revisited, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 322 (2006) 645-667. (with P. Maroni, Z. da Rocha)
- Hélder Lima, Hypergeometric multiple orthogonal polynomials, concluded in April 2021.
- Ellen Dowie, Rational Solutions of Nonlinear Partial Differential Equations, concluded in 2017 (2nd Advisor)
- outreach and marketing officer (2021-2022)
- exams officer (2020-2021)
- member of the Education Committee (2018 – 2020)
- member of Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Committee (former Athena Swan committee) (2012-2017)
- grant holder and organiser of the OPSFOTA research group (2018-date)
- panellist for Athena Swan
Some useful links
SIAM Activity Group: Orthogonal Polynomials and Special Functions
London Mathematical Society
American Mathematical Society
European Mathematical Information Service
Surveys in Approximation Theory
Centre for Experimental and Constructive Mathematics