Student Services is pleased to welcome applications for scholarships from enthusiastic students who are interested in providing opportunities within the local and campus communities.
The Community Scholarship offers students a great way to demonstrate leadership, enthusiasm and organisational skills – essential to future employers.
What’s included in the scholarship?
- £1,000 financial support to cover personal expenses and project running costs.
- Advice, training and project management support from the Student Activities and Scholarships Officer in delivering your project.
- Personal and employability skills development.
- Employability points.
- Access to additional project funding dependent on the nature and quality of the individual scholarship project.
Successful applications will demonstrate the following:
- A project brief which exhibits careful thought and planning.
- An inclusive project which benefits the local or campus community.
- Demonstrable benefits and outcomes for participants.
- Evidence of communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Evidence of commitment to past projects completed will also be considered.
- Each application is considered on its individual merits by the scholarships board.
How to apply
Click on the link in the image above to the Student Community Scholarship application form.
The size of the project will stipulate the deadlines. The larger the project, the earlier in the year you will need to start to ensure that you are able to complete the project objectives.
Each project must be completed, and the evaluation form submitted by the end of June 2019.
For more information please contact Debbie Worthington, Student Activities and Scholarships Officer: email@example.com