We know many of you will have missed playing tennis over the last year, particularly with the current situation limiting options for staying active. That’s why we are absolutely delighted to announce that the brand-new Indoor Tennis and Events Arena officially opened for bookings on Monday 12 October! This enhanced facility provides the University of Kent with four high-quality indoor acrylic tennis and netball* courts, easier facility access and will provide an exceptional conference and events space in the future.
How do I access the new Indoor Tennis and Events Arena?
Tennis is available to book for all members – simply login to your online account and book ‘tennis’ under ‘Activity’. We have taken the appropriate steps to ensure we are Covid-secure, including social distancing, bookable slots and hand sanitising stations.
Booking for all Kent Sport sessions, including tennis, is essential and can be done at https://kentsport.kent.ac.uk/Horizons/. If you can no longer attend a booked session, please cancel your session through the Account History tab on the online booking portal.
- Courts are available in one-hour slots. Booking is essential.
- When logged into the booking system choose ‘activities’ and then ‘tennis court’ to book
- One member needs to book the court online, fellow players must sign in at The Pavilion reception
- Once booked please access the courts through The Pavilion reception
Equipment and facilities
- Please arrive ready to play as our changing rooms are currently unavailable
- You must bring your own racket, no equipment is available to hire due to Covid-19
- Tennis balls are available at reception to purchase (card purchases only)
- Maximum of 6 persons per court and surrounding area
- Please stay within your court at all times
- Each court has its own entry point. Please follow the signs to relevant court entrance
- Strictly no shoes with black soles. Non-marking trainers only
- Strictly no food or drink (except water) allowed on courts
- Please sanitise your hands before entry. Sanitising stations are also located throughout the facility
- Please vacate courts promptly at the end of your booking
- Please do not come to your session if you are showing any signs of Covid-19
- Follow the one-way system and maintain social distancing at all times
- A mask or face covering is required when entering The Pavilion reception
- A mask or face covering is not required during your session
Full information and FAQs on our response to Coronavirus can be found at https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/kentsport-news/coronavirus/
|Morning opening hours||Deep clean (facilities closed)||Afternoon/evening opening hours|
|Monday to Friday||8.30am to 1.30pm||1.30pm to 4.30pm||4.30pm to 9.30pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||9am to 1pm||1pm to 2pm||2pm to 6pm|
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re really excited to be able to offer indoor tennis again, and we hope to see you all very soon.
*Netball courts will be available at a later date. Details to be announced.
For Kent Sport facility updates and developments, follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @UniKentSports or visit our website https://www.kent.ac.uk/sports