Rachel Avbulimen blog

Xercise Factor 2019

Rachel Avbulimen

student member

Trainer: Millie

2019 lifestyle goals:

• To have stability and strength in my exercise routines
  • To enhance my weightlifting training
  • To learn how to use more machines in the gym
  • To lose weight

Progress so far:

So far, I have completed 2 workout sessions that Millie, my trainer planned for me and I am really enjoying it. I have discovered new exercises that I was not aware of before I started this fitness journey. My first workout including burpees, an exercise I had never done in the gym before. I was nervous because I did not want to embarrass myself in front of other people in the gym, eventually I attempted to do 5 burpees and at the start they were difficult, but gradually through my sets, I was able to get better at them. Something that I wanted to improve on in this fitness journey is my weightlifting and Millie made sure I did just that. I was able to do squats, bend over row, push press and deadlifts. I was so proud of my deadlifts because as someone who has never done them before, I was able to lift 39kg on my first try (slowly through my sets, of course)!

As I continue my fitness journey, I have started to discover new things that I could do in the gym to achieve my goal in improving my core and stability. In one of my sessions, I am learning how to jump on high boxes and although it is hard, I am committed to jumping on the highest box in the gym. Something I am very much improving through this journey is my running track. When I first started going to the gym, I was so terrified at walking on the treadmill without holding onto the sides let alone started to run, however, now I am able to not only run on the treadmill, but I have started to challenge myself by using the incline button.