Hana’s Xercise Factor ā€“ three weeks

Overall, I have loved taking part in the Xercise factor. As I go to the gym regularly, I felt my progress was starting to plateau because I had gotten so used to the same routine. Ben has been incredibly helpful in pushing me and telling me not to underestimate how much I can lift. Therefore, I have been pushing myself harder and harder. I started off with a 20kg squat ( have never squatted before) and 14 days in I am up to 40kg, 13kg off my body weight. I have never deadlifted before simply as I was too scared too but Ben taught me the importance of maintaining my form. I started with a 25kg deadlift and can now do 50kg. As well as focusing on weights, I have been incorporating more cardio into my workouts through cycling or using the cross trainer in my warm up and cool down. As well as cardio in my warm up I am increasing my ab and body weight mat work. With increasing my resistance training I feel much stronger which in turn makes me happier, I look forward coming to the gym as Iā€™m eager to see how much more I can lift or how much longer I can run for. I hope that I can make it to the next stage and continue to make progress.