Kent Business School is organising the third Kent Business Summit held at the University of Kent (Sibson building) on the Canterbury campus on Friday 10 January 2020 from 9:00 – 16:30.
Over 400 Kent business leaders, local government decision-makers and academic experts are expected to attend the County’s flagship event to work constructively on tackling regional challenges and how to promote Kent as a sustainable, innovative, forward-thinking and outward-looking county.
Throughout the day, delegates will have the chance to hear from a number of high-profile speakers including:
- Phil Eckersley, Agent, South East Bank of England
- Jill Rutter, Senior research fellow, UK in a Changing Europe
- Prof. Jagjit Chadha, Director, National Institute of Economic and Social Research
- Benita Matofska, writer of Generation Share: the change-makers building the sharing economy
- Sam Turner, Chief Technology Officer, High Value Manufacturing Catapult
The Kent Business Summit 2020 will focus on four priority areas:
- Transport infrastructure
- Placemaking for Kent
- Skills development
Good Practice workshops, led by a variety of academic experts, industry heads and government representatives, take place in the morning and will draw upon actions identified in each priority area at last year’s event. The sessions will review what has been achieved through cross-sector collaboration over the past year and assess where new partnerships could be formed. Participants are encouraged to share good practice, promote successful projects and pitch new initiatives to potential partners in the room.
Overview of Good Practice Workshops
Join us on Friday 10 January to:
- Share good practice with Kent stakeholders and hear about exciting cross-sector projects in our morning session workshops
- Hear expert analysis on the latest developments of the UK’s political and economic relationship with the EU and the impact of this on Kent
- Learn from our inspirational speakers how to increase your organisation’s productivity and be truly sustainable
- Enjoy high-level networking with local government, business and academic experts
The £30 ticket includes:
- The opportunity to attend up to two Good Practice workshops
- A delicious Kent-inspired buffet lunch
- Access to expert keynote speakers and afternoon panel discussions
- Post-event drinks and networking
Tickets are limited so register now
Programme timings of the Kent Business Summit 2020
The event is organised in partnership with the Institute of Directors (IoD), the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and Locate in Kent (LiK). This follows from the highly successful Kent Business Summit 2019, which saw over 350 business leaders and key decision-makers in attendance.
View the Kent Business Summit 2019 event here