Resources for diversity
The library have a number of resources that can help you diversify your reading lists.
- Look at some of our digital collections that cover diverse perspectives. These include journal articles, ebooks, archive material and videos across a range of disciplines.(link to A-Z)
- Explore (and add to) our list of alternative publishers, supporting networks or resource gateways for finding possible new resources
- Consider using Open Access resources and preprint collections as these provide an opportunity for diverse groups to make their voices heard. For example, JSTOR Open Access e-book collection that feature titles from Latin American and Spanish language editions
- Find resources that originate from specific regions i.e. Global South, via our citation indexes. Both Web of Science and Scopus allow filtering by country/region of origin as well as institution and funding agencies. these can help you identify research output from diverse sources. The video clip below shows how to filter in this way
Keep up-to-date with RSS feeds, saved searches and current awareness in your discipline.
- Use RSS feeds; it will save you time and ensure you don’t miss any important updates to key resources or networks. There are many RSS feed readers you could use for this.
- You can save searches you have carried out in most e-resources to alert you when new content is available (YouTube).
- Follow blogs and use tools such as ResearchGate to find researchers from across the globe.
- Look at our current awareness collection on diversifying and decolonising resources in academica
Think beyond content
Consider the format of the resources on your list. Alternatives to print resources in accessible formats will accommodate varied learning needs, styles and environments.
- Incorporate Kent Inclusive Practices to support your choices in teaching and learning resources.
- Organise your reading lists into headed sectionsto make them easier to navigate and include links to book chapters and web pages.
We can help you do the work through a reading list retreat
We can set up a space with technical support in using the reading lists system and help in discovering resources while formulating you reading lists.
Need help to talk over your ideas? Contact your liaison librarian to talk about the specific needs of your module.