Students in the Arts and Humanities have the opportunity to undertake a Placement Year between the second and final year of their degrees. The Placement Year aims to:
- Offer students the opportunity to apply to undertake a year’s placement in industry whether at home or abroad, and to receive credits and a dedicated award for this achievement.
- Provide an opportunity to gain experience working in a professional environment.
- Develop employment-related skills, including an understanding of how one relates to the structures and functions in an organisation.
- Develop the qualities needed for employment in situations requiring the exercise of professionalism, independent thought, personal responsibility and decision-making.
The Placement Year greatly enhances your employment prospects and helps you to feel more confident when applying for jobs after graduation. It is important to be aware that the onus is on you to find and secure your placement during your second year. Whilst there’s no guarantees, there’s lots of support along the way to help you with the ups and downs of the job-hunting process.
If you are interested in the Humanities Placement year or have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, our Employability Adviser Susannah Gilbert (email@example.com) offers regular support to help students search and apply for placements including:
- Workshops on searching and applying for placement opportunities
- Promotion of the latest placement opportunities
- Regular drop-in sessions for help and advice with your search
- 1:1 appointments with the Employability and Placements Officer bookable via Target Connect.
Help is also available from the Careers and Employability Service in Keynes College, Canterbury campus or Gillingham Building, Medway campus.