- Finding disability confident employers 11:00 – 12:00 – Online event
What is a Disability Confident employer and how do I find one?
- Finding a part-time job 13:00 – 14:00 – Online event
Thinking about finding a part time role? Come along to this session to find out what steps you can take to secure a part time role.
- What is a Graduate Scheme and how do I get one? 11:00 – 12:00 – Online event
Want to know more about what a graduate scheme is, what do they involve and hints and tips on how to get one
- Making Applications 13:00 – 14:00 – KS13 – Keynes College plus live stream
Making applications to graduate schemes, job roles, postgraduate study? Come to this session to discover how to create and submit engaging and targeted applications.
- Study Plus – Professional Presentation skills by Kate Gardner 13:00 – 14:30 – Online event
Presentation Skills for the workplace
- Using LinkedIn: Posting, networking & job searching 15:00 – 16:00 – Online event
How, what and when to post, how to grow your network, and use the job search functionality. If you’re new to LinkedIn and you’ve not yet attended ‘How to Get Started with LinkedIn’ you may want to begin there.
- Finding LGBTQ+ Inclusive employers 12:00 – 13:00 – Online event
What is an LGBTQ+-inclusive employer and how do I find one?
- Study Plus Perform at your Best: How to Cope with Nerves and Anxiety for Presentations and Interviews By Esther Van Hout 13:00 – 14:30 – Online event
In this supportive and practical session, you will learn techniques based on mindfulness tools to conquer nerves and anxiety before and during presentations and interviews.
- Who would you hire? CV and application shortlisting exercise 13:00 – 14:30 – KLT6(92) – Keynes College – C
Ever wondered how the shortlisting process works? Come along to this session to find out more.
- CVs and Cover Letters 15:00 – 16:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Find out the essentials for CVs and cover letters, including trends, hints and tips. Don’t miss this – everyone should come!
- Do something great – volunteer 16:00 – 17:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Interested in Volunteering? Come along to this session to find out how you can get more involved.
- Study Plus 4 Global Officer Leadership Development (GOLD) Programme Taster Session 16:00 – 17:30 – TBC – please check back prior to event
Are you a globally minded undergraduate at Kent? Thinking of joining the GOLD Programme? Want to know more about what it involves?
- Developing Skills that employers want 12:00 – 13:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
What skills do employers seek?
- Finding a graduate job 13:00 – 14:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
What is a graduate job and tips on finding one
- Interview Preparation Skills 12:00 – 13:00 – Online event
Different styles of interviews are used by different sectors, organisations and at different stages of the interview process. Join this session to find out about the type of interviews you might face with tips on how to prepare for and ace them
- LinkedIn Lab 14:00 – 15:00 – Templeman Library Cafe – C
Drop in Session to ask your LinkedIn questions and review or work on your profile.
Keep up to date with all things Careers and Employability related using the links below:
- The Kent Careers Hub for jobs and opportunities, booking appointments and signing up to workshops and events.
- The Careers and Employability Website for information and resources including CVs, applications, interview preparations, and career research.
- Careers and Employability Instagram and LinkedIn for regular information and updates from CES.