- Study Plus – Digital Writing for Work by Jakki Bendell 10:00 – 11:30 – Online event
Many organisations now expect all employees to help write quality web content. These skills are a great asset to any company and your career, whatever your academic background and job role.
- CVs and Cover Letters 12:00 – 13:00 – Online event
Find out the essentials for CVs and cover letters, including trends, hints and tips. Don’t miss this – everyone should come!
- Study Plus – The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in the workplace By Ali Whelan 11:00 – 12:30 – Online event
To provide an overview of Emotional Intelligence and how it underpins personal effectiveness within the workplace
- How to answer interview questions 13:00 – 14:00 – KS13 – Keynes College plus live stream
Find out about common interview questions, why they are asked and how to answer them Whether you are interviewing for a graduate scheme, part time job or programme of study; join this session to help prepare for interview success!
- Study Plus Inclusive Careers: Imposter Syndrome – overcoming self-doubt and anxiety by Sal Pearman Online 10:00 – 11:30 – Online event
This workshop will demystify the truth behind Imposter Syndrome and will provide practical tools and techniques to accurately understand, communicate and celebrate our abilities.
- Getting the most from your Careers Service 11:00 – 12:00 – Online event
Find out about the key services provided to students/graduates and useful tools to help you in your next steps
- Study Plus – Understanding Leadership Styles by Ali Whelan 12:00 – 13:30 – Online event
Overall objective = To understand what we mean by leadership style in the workplace, the importance of knowing your preferred style but when and how to use alternative styles.
- Sign up for the Employability Points Scheme 13:00 – 14:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Find out more about the Employability Points scheme and how it works.
- How to get started with LinkedIn 14:00 – 15:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Step by step guide on creating a LinkedIn profile with some useful hints and tips along the way
- Speed Interviewing 15:00 – 16:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Want to understand more about the interview process and what the interview panel are looking for? Come along to this session to find out more.
- Finding a part-time job 16:00 – 17:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Thinking about finding a part time role? Come along to this session to find out what steps you can take to secure a part time role.
- Asking for reasonable adjustments 11:00 – 12:00 – Online event
What are reasonable adjustments, and should I request them if I have a disability?
- Study Plus Unleash Your Potential: Journaling Tools for Professional and Personal Development By Esther Van Hout 11:00 – 12:30 – Online event
Journaling is a creative and expressive process which can support us in making sense of our experiences, reflecting on the past and setting intentions for the future.
- How to plan your career 12:00 – 13:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Introduction to career planning in the 21st century. This session is all about you, you will look at your values, strengths and motivations,
- Study Plus – Planning Tools and Techniques By Kate Gardner 13:00 – 14:30 – Online event
If you don’t know where you are heading, any road will get you there – Lewis Carol – The workplace is full of busy people, but if they are not planning to do the things that will have the biggest impact, their productivity could be questioned. This
- What is a Graduate Scheme and how do I get one? 13:00 – 14:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C
Want to know more about what a graduate scheme is, what do they involve and hints and tips on how to get one
- Study Plus – Time Management For Life and for Work by Alvin Ramsamy 11:00 – 13:00 – Online event
How to manage your time efficiently
- Postgraduate Study 13:00 – 14:00 – Online event
Discover the different post graduate study options available, how to find the information needed to enable an informed choice, what to include in an application and when to apply.
Keep up to date with all things Careers and Employability related using the links below:
- The Kent Careers Hub for jobs and opportunities, booking appointments and signing up to workshops and events.
- The Careers and Employability Website for information and resources including CVs, applications, interview preparations, and career research.
- Careers and Employability Instagram and LinkedIn for regular information and updates from CES.