Monday 13th February
- Career Management 15:00 – 16:00 – Online event – please see description Helping you create a career plan
- What is a Graduate Scheme and how do I get one? 12:00 – 13:00 – Online event – please see description Want to know more about what a graduate scheme is, what do they involve and hints and tips on how to get one
Tuesday 14th February
- CVs and Cover letters 15:00 – 16:00 – Online event – please see description An interactive session covering the essentials of writing an effective CV and cover letter
- Career Confidence for Students with Hidden Disabilities (Part 2 of 2) 11:00 – 12:00 – TBC – please check back prior to event Career confidence for students with hidden disabilities
- Developing skills that employers want 13:00 – 14:00 – KLT5 – Keynes College – C Find out what skills employers are looking for and how you can develop them throughout your time at university
- Study Plus Accepting a role and negotiating contracts By Steve Haines 11:00 – 12:00 – Online Congratulations – you got the job! Now it’s time to consider the details. This session is your guide through the steps from a verbal offer, to signing on the dotted line and how to make sure you get the right reward for your hard work ahead.
Wednesday 15th February
- Study Plus – Coping with ever changing workplace situations By Ali Whelan 13:00 – 14:30 – Online Linking closely to resilience being able to cope with continual change in the workplace is a necessity these days. This workshop focuses on recognising our personal responses and the responses of others to changing circumstances and understanding how
- CRCC Asia: International Internships in Asia 12:00 – 13:00 – Online employer event – please see description CRCC Asia is the leading provider of global internships in Asia.
- Getting the most out of your Careers Service 13:00 – 14:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C Find out how the careers service can help you throughout your time at university and beyond
- Arts & Hums: Preparing for Interviews, UG’s 13.00-14.00, PG’s 14.00-15.00 in KS23. Are you applying for placements or graduate jobs this year? Would you like some help in preparing for interviews? Come along to this session for hints and tips on how to ace that interview.
- How to get started with LinkedIn 16:00 – 17:00 – KLT6 + live stream – Keynes College – C Find out why you should be using LinkedIn and how to get started
- Study Plus – BSUJ ASPIRE Finance Week 11 Understand Your Start-Up Finance CANTERBURY CAMPUS 14:00 – 15:30 – SIBLT2 (117) – Sibson Building – C Get to grips with your start-up finances. Join us to find out how!
- Study Plus – What to do in the first 3 months of your role? by Steve Haines 11:00 – 12:00 – Online event – please see description The move from university to work is a huge shift in culture, expectations and measures of success. This session is about starting out in work.
- Unilever Mock Assessment Centre Workshop 14:00 – 15:30 – KS17(50) – Keynes College – C Join Unilever for an insight into an assessment centre
Thursday 16th February
- How to answer interview questions 13:00 – 14:00 – KLT5 + live stream – Keynes College – C Find out how to tackle some of the common interview questions and more tricky ones that you might face at an interview, with examples.
- Selection Tests 12:00 – 13:00 – KLT5 + live stream – Keynes College – C What are Selection tests, why are they used, and how you can practise them
- Study Plus – BSUJ ASPIRE Finance Week 11 Understand Your Start-Up Finance MEDWAY CAMPUS 13:00 – 14:00 – M2-03 – Medway Building – M Get to grips with your start-up finances. Join us to find out how!
- Study Plus Managing your money By Steve Haines 11:00 – 12:00 – Online A topic more essential than ever with the current increases in the cost of living.
- Thinking of working Abroad? 15:00 – 16:00 – Online event – please see description Find out some information and tips on how to find opportunities abroad
Friday 17th February