Gain insights into working in the Third Sector or take the opportunity to gain experience & valuable transferable skills by taking part in a variety of volunteering opportunities.
Monday 14th November
- Study Plus – Navigating Workplace Expectations In your graduate role – by Steve Haines Online 11:00 – 12:00 The session shares some practical exercises that helps you to understand how to approach new situations and tips on how to build good relationships with teams.
- My Commonwealth Games Experience 13:00 – 14:00 Come along to hear about Vicky’s experience at the Commonwealth Games.
- Teaching Panel 18:00 – 19:00 Hear from a panel of current teachers about their experiences, how they got involved in the professional, along with sharing their top tips. This event will be online.
Tuesday 15th November
- Study Plus Matching Your Values to Your Career Journey by Steve Haines Online 10:00 – 11:00 The session shares tools to help attendees to work out their career goals, desired outcomes, preferences and personal values. It includes practical exercises to help attendees use their values to find the right role for them.
- Study Plus Journaling Tools for work to help Manage Time, Efficiency and Wellbeing By Esther Van Hout On Zoom 11:00 – 12:30 Much research has been done into journaling and this shows that journal writing has extensive health and wellbeing benefits. Some of these benefits relate to how journaling is a great way to help you work through personal and professional issues, ana
- Do something great – Volunteer 13:00 – 14:00 Find out about the variety of ways you can volunteer – both virtually and in person
- Interview Preparation skills 14:00 – 15:00 Find out about the type of interviews you might face with tips on how to ace them
Wednesday 16th November
- Formal Dining Etiquette and Networking Experience 11:00 – 14:00 This event will give you a great insight into dining etiquette, different serving styles and how to network when attending formal dining events, such as Law Firm, Barristers’ and corporate dinners and conferences.
- Volunteering Fair 12:00 – 14:00 The Volunteering Fair will provide access to charities who are providing volunteering opportunities in the local area.
- CVs and Cover Letters 13:00 – 14:00 An interactive session covering the essentials of writing an effective CV and cover letter
- Early Careers Fair with MI5, MI6 & GCHQ! 13:30 – 18:00 Register to attend an Early Careers Fair
- Early Careers event with MI5, MI6 & GCHQ! 13:30 – 14:30 Find out about MI5, MI6 & GCHQ
- How to answer interview questions 14:00 – 15:00 Find out how to tackle some of the common interview questions and more tricky ones that you might face at an interview, with examples.
- Study Plus -BSUJ ASPIRE – Understanding your Customer – Empathy Mapping CANTERBURY CAMPUS Week 5 – Design thinking 14:00 – 15:30 Start to develop your entrepreneurial skills using Design Thinking techniques that help you to unlock the innovation and find ideas. Empathy mapping.
- Digital Champions Network 15:00 – 16:00 The Digital Kent team are developing a network of digital champions to support and improve the digital skills of individuals within our communities. Our Digital Champions are volunteers and can be anyone who is willing to support someone with their d
- Conservation Panel 17:30 – 18:30 Hear from a panel including representatives from Wildwood, Kent Wildlife Trust and Wildlife for All, about their experiences, how they got involved in the profession, along with sharing their top tips. This event will be online only.
Thursday 17th November
- Study Plus – Growth Mindset – What is a growth mindset and how does it effect you in life and in work? By Ali Whelan Online 11:00 – 12:30 Overall objective = To promote the concept of continuous personal development, positive curiosity and resilience to succeed in life and in work.
- How to get started with LinkedIn 12:00 – 13:00 Find out why you should be using LinkedIn and how to get started
- Study Plus -BSUJ ASPIRE – Understanding your Customer – Empathy Mapping MEDWAY CAMPUS Week 5 – Design thinking 13:00 – 14:00 Start to develop your entrepreneurial skills using Design Thinking techniques that help you to unlock the innovation and find ideas. Empathy mapping.
- Study Plus How to Manage Stress and Anxiety with Mindfulness By Esther Van Hout Online 13:00 – 14:30 This practical workshop will give you an introduction to research-based strategies for coping with stress and anxiety. We will focuses on how mindfulness practice can give us tools to build our resilience in the face of study, work and life challenge
- Teach First Workshop 14:30 – 15:30 The leading education charity and teacher training provider Teach First will be giving an insight into how to write a successful application form and how to succeed at an assessment centre.
- Working with Social Justice Charities Panel 17:15 – 18:20 Are you looking for a rewarding career, which makes a positive impact within the community?
Friday 18th November
- Study Plus – Introduction to Microsoft Excel On Campus 12:30 – 13:30 MS Excel for Students – The basics of tables, formulas, and charts
Book for individual session via the links.