CES Events WB: 31/10/22
- Career Management 15:00 – 16:00 Helping you create a career plan
- What is a Graduate Scheme and how do I get one? 13:00 – 14:00 Want to know more about what a graduate scheme is, what do they involve and hints and tips on how to get one
- CVs and Cover Letters 15:00 – 16:00 “An interactive session covering the essentials of writing an effective CV and cover letter “
- Commercial Awareness 13:00 – 14:00 Commercial awareness – Find out about this top skill that employers are looking for
- Who would you hire? CV and Application shortlisting exercise 11:00 – 12:30 In this interactive session you will get to shortlist three CVs, cover letters and applications for a role. The session aims to get you thinking like a recruiter
- Early Careers event with MI5, MI6 & GCHQ! 12:00 – 13:00 Find out about MI5, MI6 & GCHQ
- Getting the most out of your Careers Service 13:00 – 14:00 Find out how the careers service can help you throughout your time at university and beyond
- How to get started with LinkedIn 15:00 – 16:00 Find out why you should be using LinkedIn and how to get started
- Study Plus -BSUJ – New Technology, New business Ideas CANTERBURY CAMPUS Week 2 – Technology Week 14:00 – 15:30 “What inspiration can new technologies provide us with when starting a business? Explore the opportunities of the circular economy to deliver innovation in your business and create a positive impact on the planet. “
- Study Plus The Sustainability emergency –what is Kent doing, and what is your role in sustainability advocacy? 14:00 – 16:00 During this interactive session you will discover the work going on at Kent, our response to global crises and why it is important to all of us.
- What to expect at an Assessment Centre 14:00 – 15:00 Learn about assessment exercises and how to prepare
- Developing skills that employers want 12:00 – 13:00 Find out what skills employers are looking for and how you can develop them throughout your time at university
- How to answer interview questions 13:00 – 14:00 “Find out how to tackle some of the common interview questions and more tricky ones that you might face at an interview, with examples. “
- Study Plus – The Importance of Emotional Intelligence in the workplace By Ali Whelan On Campus 11:00 – 12:30 To provide an overview of Emotional Intelligence and how it underpins personal effectiveness within the workplace
- Study Plus -BSUJ – New Technology, New business Ideas CANTERBURY CAMPUS Week 2 – Technology Week 14:00 – 15:00 “What inspiration can new technologies provide us with when starting a business? Explore the opportunities of the circular economy to deliver innovation in your business and create a positive impact on the planet.
- Academic CVs 14:00 – 15:00 If you’re an aspiring lecturer or researcher then an academic CV is for you.
- CES Destination Success Bootcamp 12:00 – 16:00 3 day programme of interactive Careers and Employability workshops
Please book for these events via the individual links.