CES Events WB: 24/10/22
- Do something great – Volunteer 15:00 – 16:00 Find out about the variety of ways you can volunteer – both virtually and in person
- Study Plus – Understanding Motivation for Workplace Success By Ali Whelan 13:30 – 15:00 This workshop is to help you recognise what impacts your motivation at work. Why you can feel motivated one minute and not the next and how to maintain the motivation you need to succeed.
- Study Plus Inclusive Careers: Imposter Syndrome by Sal Pearman 10:45 – 13:15 This workshop will demystify the truth behind Imposter Syndrome and will provide practical tools and techniques to accurately understand, communicate and celebrate our abilities.
- What to expect at an Assessment Centre 13:00 – 14:00 Learn about assessment exercises and how to prepare
- Blind In Business: appointments for visually impaired students 10:00 – 15:30 Book a one-to-one with James
- CVs and Cover Letters 14:00 – 15:00 An interactive session covering the essentials of writing an effective CV and cover letter
- Finding Disability Confident Employers 11:00 – 12:00 What is a Disability Confident employer and how do I find one?
- Interview Preparation skills 13:00 – 14:00 Find out about the type of interviews you might face with tips on how to ace them
- Managing Money 16:00 – 17:00 How to manage your money
- Study Plus – How to Manage Stress and Anxiety at Work and In your personal life with Mindfulness By Esther Van Hout On campus 14:00 – 15:30 This practical workshop will give you an introduction to research-based strategies for coping with stress and anxiety. We will focus on how mindfulness practice can give us tools to build our resilience in the face of study, work and life challenge
- Teach First: meet with Beth and talk about getting into teaching 10:00 – 15:30 Book a one-to-one with Beth to discuss Teach First and getting into teaching.
- Academic CVs 16:00 – 17:00 If you’re an aspiring lecturer or researcher then an academic CV is for you.
- Finding a graduate job 13:00 – 14:00 What is a graduate job and tips on finding one
- Making applications 14:00 – 15:00 How to prepare for a variety of application processes and develop confidence with your own applications.
- Selection Tests 15:00 – 16:00 What are Selection tests, why are they used, and how you can practise them
- Study Plus – BSUJ – How to Find a Business Idea ? (Jo) Ingredients of a Business Plan (Jon) CANTERBURY CAMPUS Week 1 Ideation 14:00 – 15:30 Dive into our ideas hack where you’ll work with other students to find business ideas using the Sustainable Development Goals as inspiration. Get familiar the ingredients of with a business plan.
- Experience an Assessment Centre 12:00 – 14:00 Practice group assessment centre exercises
- Study Plus – BSUJ – How to Find a Business Idea ? (Jo) Ingredients of a Business Plan (Jon) MEDWAY CAMPUS Week 1 Ideation 14:00 – 15:00 Dive into our ideas hack where you’ll work with other students to find business ideas using the Sustainable Development Goals as inspiration. Get familiar the ingredients of with a business plan.
- Using LinkedIn in your Job Search 14:00 – 15:00 How to improve your LinkedIn profile and grow your network
- CVs and Cover Letters 13:00 – 14:00 An interactive session covering the essentials of writing an effective CV and cover letter
- Study Plus Journaling Tools for work to help Manage Time, Efficiency and Wellbeing By Esther Van Hout – On campus 11:00 – 12:30 Much research has been done into journaling and this shows that journal writing has extensive health and wellbeing benefits. Some of these benefits relate to how journaling is a great way to help you work through personal and professional issues, analyse where you’re at in your job, and grow in your career. It may be one of the easiest (and cheapest) forms of professional development you can find!
- Study Plus -BSUJ – BC 1 – The Ideas Hack Week 1 Ideation CANTERBURY CAMPUS 10:00 – 15:00 Using the university campus, we will explore how nature capital can inspire ideas and how our responses can create sustainable solutions to challenges around us.