The new Prime Video Craft Academy delivered by the National Film and Television School has places for 25 people from London and Glasgow on paid traineeships in a craft specialism working on a UK-produced Amazon Original Series or with our trusted Prime Video and Amazon Studios supply partners.
If you are committed to working in the film and television industry and developing a craft specialism, then this is the opportunity for you.
The 25 inaugural Academy participants will:
● Be given a 12-month contract of employment with the NFTS
● Work on some of the biggest TV productions currently being made in the UK for Prime Video
● Learn a craft specialism (e.g. Locations, Art Department)
● Access training and support from the NFTS, which is widely regarded to be one of the top film schools in the world.
● Be awarded an NFTS Certificate in Production on successful completion of the traineeship.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups.
How does the traineeship work?
Successful applicants will be employed by the NFTS on a 12-month fixed-term contract and earn the Real Living Wage. The Prime Video Craft Academy Manager based at the NFTS will be on hand to provide support and advice to the trainees throughout the programme, with mentorship from NFTS Heads of Department (HODs) and access to NFTS tuition. The NFTS will manage each participant’s attachment to TV productions.
During the traineeship you will either be working on a UK-produced Amazon Original Series or with a trusted Prime Video and Amazon Studios supply partners or you will be participating in NFTS training (either in person at one of our hubs or online), or be supporting student production activity.
Towards the beginning of the traineeship, participants will be exposed to a range of production departments in order to build their wider understanding of film and television production. As the year progresses, participants will be supported to specialise in areas such as Production, Assistant Directing, Art Department, Locations, Camera, Sound etc.
Participants’ home base will be at one of the two NFTS UK wide locations in Beaconsfield or Glasgow, for the duration of the 12-month traineeship. Due to the nature of production, it isn’t possible to confirm which productions trainees will work on in advance or where they will be based. Production takes place all over the UK so trainees should be prepared to commute or temporarily relocate at points during their traineeship. We will do our best to minimise the need for travel or relocation. All reasonable expenses will be met by the NFTS.
Upon completion of the programme, the NFTS and Prime Video will work with the individual participants to plan and support their next steps into full time work within the screen industries.
How much will I be paid?
As a trainee and employee of the NFTS, you’ll be paid the Real Living Wage, which currently stands at £9.90 per hour.
While working as a trainee, you’ll receive training and be paid for your regular working hours (typically 35 hrs per week) as well as overtime. You’ll also be entitled to 20 days paid holiday each year, plus bank holidays.
How to apply?
To apply for one of the 25 trainee roles, please send the following four documents (in one email) to email@example.com
● Your CV
● A covering letter detailing why you are applying and what you hope to achieve as part of the traineeship. Please be clear which of the two NFTS hubs of Beaconsfield and Glasgow would be your preferred home base and which craft in particular you are interested in learning.
● A reference from someone who knows your work and your commitment to working in film and television (e.g. a teacher, industry professional, former employer etc.)
● A completed Equality Monitoring Form
● To make this process and traineeship as inclusive as possible please do let us know within your covering letter if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments while you are applying or taking up the traineeship.
The closing date for applications is 15 September 2022.
Please note that we are unable to sponsor candidates for these roles, so we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate their right to live and work in the UK. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, we will not be able to progress your application. For more information and key dates, please visit: https://nfts.co.uk/prime-video-craft-academy
To apply and for more information and frequently asked questions go to: nfts.co.uk/prime-video-craft-academy