Are you looking to join a company where you can have an impact from day one? Joining the UK’s leading packaging supplier is your opportunity to get your foot in the door with an employee share-ownership business like no other.
Coventry, Rotherham, Swindon, Letchworth, Portsmouth, Sittingbourne, Gateshead, Wantage
Graduate Management Programme
31st May 2022
£29,000 plus company car and regular bonuses
Who is the company?
- Founded from scratch in 2001, Kite is an employee share-ownership business full of ambition with a clear vision that is underpinned by strong ethics.
- The company supplies packaging to both major users, through a network of Regional Distribution Centre, and smaller businesses through an online offering, promoting sustainable packaging with a strong customer focus.
- Kite is a dynamic business, driven by an entrepreneurial style where the focus is to work together to deliver the best possible experience for their customers.
- Kite wants to attract people with a hunger to grow, both personally and professionally, individuals who want to get involved and are driven to succeed.
- Being people-focused, social responsibility is high on Kite’s agenda, supporting local charities which are chosen by the employees.
What is the role?
- The Graduate Management Programme has a Commercial focus, running over 18 to 24 months it provides you with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of Kite’s business areas, before progressing towards a management position.
- The Programme consists of multiple module placements across different business areas.
- In these placements you will gain an in-depth knowledge of Kite’s business, how different operations function, learn different management styles and develop an internal network of contacts, developing you into a future leader of the business.
The areas of business include but are not limited to:
- Supply Chain
The programme will involve working at different Kite locations around the UK for each module. You will be expected to relocate in conjunction with this, so you MUST be geographically mobile.
Why should you apply?
- Career guidance: each candidate will be allocated a Managing Partner to act as their mentor for the duration of the scheme.
- Excellent career progression: opportunity to finish a programme and go straight into a junior management role within the company.
- Employee share-ownership: Kite is first and foremost an entrepreneurial business, so they are looking for people who are creative thinkers, keen to work as part of a team and become shareholders themselves after 6 months.
Other benefits include:
- Company car, laptop and mobile upon joining.
- Bonus at the end of each placement.
- Optional £1000 interest-free start-up loan.
- 20 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- Life insurance, pension and an optional healthcare scheme.
Who is best suited to this role?
- Kite is looking for hard-working, talented entrepreneurs who are willing to go the extra mile and get stuck in.
- Communication is key, you would need to be able to create rapport with everyone at every level, both inside and outside the organisation.
- You need to have outstanding IT and numeracy skills and be comfortable with big data and analysis.
- Energy, passion, and drive is what they are looking for. In a few words, if you have an entrepreneurial edge, great academics, and a strong work ethic, we’d like to hear from you.
What you’ll need in order to apply:
- Be a recent graduate (2021/2022) with strong academics (2.1 or above).
- A minimum grade A at A-Level Maths.
- Have a full UK driver’s license.
- Possess outstanding numerical skills. You may find this role particularly interesting if you are from the following degree backgrounds: Mathematics, Science-based Degrees, Business, Packaging Design, Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing or Procurement, IT or Finance.
Please note that the company will not be able to sponsor visas for this role. For more information about Kite, please head here: https://www.kitepackaging.co.uk/mcp/current-vacancies/