New Employability Ambassadors for School of Computing

Kierran Murrell and Ebony Phillips Maluleke

The School of Computing has employed two students as Employability Ambassadors to help raise awareness of employability events and opportunities and mentor students looking for placements, across both Medway and Canterbury campuses.

Kierran Murrell did his placement year at Hiscox Underwriting Ltd and is working in the Kent IT Consultancy in his final year. He said “On my placement  I learned how to manage work backlogs and processes in a modern agile way, applying some concepts that university has taught me into a real-life environment.” Read more about Kierran’s placement at Hiscox here

Ebony Phillips-Maluleke did her placement at Wanstor in London. Ebony said “I did not have an easy time applying for placements whilst studying, as second year for many Computing students is intimidating, I can relate to this, I came very close to giving up overall but I persevered until the end and finally secured my placement.” Read more about how time management skills helped Ebony when applying for placements here

Both Kierran and Ebony will be promoting employability events to students, writing blogs and producing podcasts and videos about their experiences and offering help and advice to students to improve their employability. They will also be available to mentor 2nd year students during the process of searching and applying for a placement.

If you would like to be put in touch with Kierran or Ebony to discuss how to improve your employability or to be mentored while searching for a placement please email csemploy@kent.ac.uk to be put in contact.