Kent UCU votes to ballot
- Today you passed a motion to launch an industrial action ballot over job security & other issues at Kent, with 98% voting in favour.
- This was the highest ever proportional meeting turnout in the history of your branch.
- Leading organisers from the strongest UCU branches in the country – Sussex and Liverpool – passionately endorsed your local strategy, pledging further support for your campaign. You also passed a motion in solidarity with Iranians.
- Your elected committee are negotiating with senior management right now and they are immeasurably strengthened by your motion to ballot. Any potential industrial action would be subject to a further democratic vote by you and you can read our website for background on all of these issues.
What you need to do now:
- Attend the meeting for members in A&H
For both professional services & academic staff
See your email registered with UCU for the zoom link
Monday 1pm (17th Oct)
- Email email@example.com to sign up for specific campaign tasks to defend jobs
Even half an hour of your time could make the difference