Dr Corey Lee Wrenn is a vegan feminist sociologist of social movements who specialises in anti-speciesist protest and human-nonhuman relations in the United States, United Kingdom, and Republic of Ireland.
Dr Wrenn is the co-founder of the International Association of Vegan Sociologists. She served as council member with the American Sociological Association’s Animals & Society section (2013-2016) and was elected Chair in 2018. She has served as Book Review Editor to Society and Animals since 2017. In July 2013, she founded the Vegan Feminist Network, an academic-activist project engaging intersectional social justice praxis. She is the author of ‘A Rational Approach to Animal Rights: Extensions in Abolitionist Theory’ (Palgrave MacMillan 2016) and ‘Piecemeal Protest: Animal Rights in the Age of Nonprofits’ (University of Michigan Press 2020), and ‘Animals in Irish Society: Interspecies Oppression and Vegan Resistance in Britain’s Oldest Colony’ (SUNY Press 2021).
- Wrenn, C. (2020). Piecemeal Protest: Animal Rights in the Age of Nonprofits. Ann Arbor, MI: University of Michigan Press.
- Wrenn, C. (2018). Free-Riders in the Non-Profit Industrial Complex: The Problem of Flexitarianism. Society and Animals [Online]:1-25. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/15685306-12341544.
- Wrenn, C. (2018). Pussy Grabs Back: Bestialized Sexual Politics and Intersectional Failure in Protest Posters for the 2017 Women’s March. Feminist Media Studies [Online]:1-19. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/14680777.2018.1465107.
- Wrenn, C. (2017). Trump Veganism: A Political Survey of American Vegans in the Era of Identity Politics. Societies [Online] 7:1-13. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/soc7040032.
- Wrenn, C. (2016). Fat Vegan Politics: A Survey of Fat Vegan Activists’ Online Experiences with Social Movement Sizeism. Fat Studies [Online] 6:90-102. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/21604851.2017.1242359.
- Wrenn, C. et al. (2015). The Medicalization of Nonhuman Animal Rights: Frame Contestation and the Exploitation of Disability. Disability and Society [Online] 30:1307-1327. Available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/09687599.2015.1099518.
- Wrenn, C. (2013). Resonance of Moral Shocks in Abolitionist Animal Rights Advocacy: Overcoming Contextual Constraints. Society and Animals [Online] 16:651-668. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1163/15685306-12341271.
- Wrenn, C. and Johnson, R. (2013). A Critique of Single-Issue Campaigning and the Importance of Comprehensive Abolitionist Vegan Advocacy. Food, Culture and Society [Online] 16:651-668. Available at: https://doi.org/10.2752/175174413X13758634982092.