The University of Kent promotes equality and values diversity and has set up an LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Staff Network that will:
- promote positive attitudes towards LGBT people and raise the profile of LGBT equality across the university;
- promote recognition and awareness of discrimination facing LGBT staff and identify ways to address any inequalities;
- ensure issues of sexual orientation and gender identity are integrated into the operation of equality and diversity at the University of Kent;
- consider the impact of legislation on University of Kent Policies, procedures and practices as they relate to issues of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- identify any employment issues, policies, or practices that adversely affect lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) staff;
- liaise with other HEIs as necessary with a view to sharing resources and/or ideas regarding issues of sexual orientation and gender identity;
- report on progress to the Equality Promotion Group and other relevant University of Kent committees and groups, as necessary;
- act in an advisory role to the University of Kent on issues of sexual orientation and gender identity.
All staff with an interest in this area are welcome to join the group regardless of sexual orientation.
If you are interested or would like to discuss further, please contact Julie Bennett by either telephone on 7825 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org