Feedback and ideas?
You can let us (network steering group) know your thoughts (event ideas, feedback on previous events, etc.) at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Problems being LGBT at Work?
The first step is always to try to resolve the problems directly with the people involved. However, if that doesn’t work and you need support for LGBT-specific issues at work you can contact:
- The University Equality and Diversity office can advise on the University’s equality policies including LGBT issues. email@example.com.
- If you are being harrassed at work, you may want to make use of the University’s Harrassment Contacts.
- Members of the network can provide confidential and informal support and advice. Contact the network chair to be put in touch with a network member: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you feel that you need professional support, you can contact the University’s counselling service available free to staff and students: http://www.kent.ac.uk/counselling/
- University and College Union has some information which may be helpful to LGBT Staff. Click here.
- Outside organizations can provide information and support for non-work LGBT issues. London Lesbian & Gay Switchboard is a good place to start.
- For resources and support around faith and being LGBT, you may want to contact the University Chaplaincy via Revd Sally-Ann Apokis
The network runs a mailing list for members, to which only list members can post: email@example.com. This mailing list sends emails to all members of the network. We use this to keep staff informed about network events and meetings…and we promise not to clutter your inbox too much =) Join at: https://lists.kent.ac.uk/sympa/
We use our blog, twitter account, and Facebook page to pass on information about our own events as well as other LGBT-themed films, events, news articles, etc. that may be of interest to LGBT staff and their allies. These methods distribute more information than the mailing list (again, so that we don’t clutter those inboxes).