If you’re starting at Kent this academic year, you may have heard that you automatically receive free Kent Sport membership. So what does that mean? Take a look at the headings below for more information.
Who are we?
Kent Sport is the University of Kent’s department of Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation. We provide most of the sport and fitness facilities you’ll see across campus during your time at Kent. We work hard to provide the widest variety of activities for you, from our extensive gym and fitness equipment, to our high-quality sports facilities and our social sports programmes. Our team is here to support you on your sport, fitness, and wellbeing journey.
As a first-year undergraduate student at the University of Kent, you will receive our top-tier membership; Premium Plus. Free membership is also extended to some other student groups, check our free membership webpage to see if you’re eligible.
There are loads of benefits of being a member of Kent Sport. With our Premium Plus membership, you get free access to almost everything. That includes:
- Gym access – book sessions in our extensive, split-level gym with a full range of cardio equipment, weights machines, and functional kit. You can also use our specialist weight training area ‘the Pit’, which includes Olympic lifting platforms and various
- Fitness and dance classes – a full, weekly timetable of popular classes for everyone. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, there is a class to suit you. Popular classes include spinning (static cycling), Body Pump, yoga, and Zumba
- Recreational and competitive sport – join a sports club and train with your team or just take part recreationally. Our facilities cater for almost any sport
- Discounted fitness services – get discounted rates on personal training, health consultations, and at the Kent Sports Clinic
- UNIversal gym membership – gain access to more than 60 University gyms across the country for free as part of your membership. Sign up at reception.
- And much more!
If you’re returning as a second or third-year undergraduate or postgraduate student, and you’re living in on-campus accommodation provided by the University, you’ll also qualify for free membership. If you haven’t booked a place to stay yet, there’s still time. Check out the options on the accommodation website.
Last year we also reduced our membership prices for students not eligible for free membership. You can see the prices for membership on our student membership webpage.
Whether you’re new to Kent or returning for the next year of your course, we look forward to welcoming you back to Kent Sport.