Student Ambassador Najida: ‘I love seeing how much I can apply my knowledge to the real world.’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Najida Ali

Najida is studying BSc Accountancy and Finance. Read about her experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?

One thing that surprised me the most about studying at KBS was the sense of community. I was able to make friends whilst being an ambassador, as well as by attending society events like Kent Invest.

What do you love the most about studying Accounting and Finance?

I love seeing how much I can apply my knowledge to the real world. I find it interesting when my lecturers link to past and current situations which makes learning more enjoyable.

Tell us about your social life at Kent.

I have had a very positive experience at Kent because everyone is so friendly and welcoming! It was so easy to make friends with people within my course as well as with those who weren’t because of the different events held by societies every week.

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?

One thing I wish I’d known about before starting at KBS was the workload and personal independence we needed when studying Accounting and Finance. This was definitely difficult at first, but I soon learnt that there is a support system there and if I ever needed help with anything I could always get in touch with my lecturers.

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you after you graduate?

I want to follow the career path of a fully qualified chartered accountant. My degree so far has made it easier for me to take that decision to go forward working within the finance sector.

Najida is studying BSc Accountancy and Finance. Find out more about the course here.

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Find out more here.