Help To Grow: Management cohort visits Medway for face-to-face session

On Wednesday 8 March, Kent Business School’s home at the Medway Campus welcomed our 2023 Help to Grow: Management cohort for their first face-to-face session. 

Accredited by the Small Business Charter, Help to Grow: Management is a 12 week programme aimed at senior leaders and decision makers in small and medium businesses to help them take their business to the next level.  

Developed in collaboration with industry experts and experienced entrepreneurs it costs just £750, as 90% is subsidised by the government.  

26 businesspeople braved the wintery conditions to visit our Medway Building for a day of presentations, networking and refreshments. 

During the morning session students delved into Internationalisation and Winning new market. After lunch, they were encouraged to stay on for an event open to Help to Grow alumni, staff, Kent Business School Students and local businesses.   

The event focused on the importance of Strategy and Innovation, particularly for SMEs, with a presentation delivered by Kent Business School’s Dr Amgad Badewi – Reader in Project and Programme Management at KBS.  

He presented an ambition-fuelling case study of a company he worked in consultancy with, who transformed from an SME to a Multinational Enterprise in just two years. 

Joseph Mason is owner and director of Onyx Fire and Security in Dartford, said: ‘The strategy side of this course has been exactly what I’ve been looking for to help us to grow as a business and so far the peer-to-peer and networking has been good. Today has been particularly good to have a mix of face-to-face learning, it’s nice to meet everyone and share experiences.’ 

Gloria Opara CEO of Cyber Engineers Ltd, said ‘Having run my own business for 5 years, I wanted to invest in myself, the content stood out as something that I needed. The online learning has been great as I can find the time to do it, but the face to face is important to meet people like this today, which is great. I want to scale my business and grow in confidence.’

Take part in our government-backed Help to Grow: Management Programme at Kent Business School. Available to leaders and decision makers in small and medium-sized businesses.