Student Ambassador, Jordan: ‘I love learning about all that goes on behind the scenes’

Spotlight on our Student Ambassador, Jordan Ng

Jordan is studying BSc Marketing with a Year in Industry and is one of our amazing Student Ambassadors. Read about his experience of studying at Kent Business School.

What surprised you the most about studying at Kent Business School?

The thing that probably surprised me the most about coming to KBS was the Sibson building itself. It’s such a wonderfully designed building that stands out in comparison to the other buildings on campus. From the café on the ground floor to the spacious yet welcoming lecture theatres, there is never a dull moment to be had in Sibson!

What do you enjoy the most about studying Marketing?

I love actively learning about all that goes on behind the scenes regarding marketing functions that organisations undertake. There’s a surprising amount of work that goes into the marketing process! A whole lot more than I had ever imagined but I enjoy learning about each and every bit.

Tell us about your student life at Kent.

My student life at Kent has been incredibly fulfilling! Finding societies to join, based on my hobbies, has led to me forming many new relationships with people who have similar interests to me. Additionally, taking up leadership roles in societies has allowed me to develop my personal skillset.

What do you wish you knew before you started at Kent Business School that could have helped you prepare?

I wish I’d known about the amount of extra support and help that the Kent Business School has available to students. Office hours provided by lecturers proved to be a big help for me in tackling my previous anxieties around completing coursework. Additionally, KBS also gives students access to academic peer mentors which allows for a more casual environment for academic support.

Tell us about your experience of being a student ambassador.

When I first applied to be a student ambassador for KBS, I was looking to contribute to the student experience as an active member of the University. Since then, I have been able to take part in a wide range of work opportunities from Open Days to outreach activities in secondary schools.

Overall, I would say that my experience has been incredibly fulfilling as the work has allowed me to feel more involved as a university student in addition to improving numerous employability skills in communication and collaboration.

Where do you want your degree and experience to take you next?

After I graduate, I hope to take my degree to the next level by gaining first-hand marketing experience within an organisational context where I aim to further deepen my marketing-related knowledge.

Interested in studying BSc Marketing with a Year in Industry?

Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador? Find out more here.