KBS apprentice Ella: ‘I’ve gained an understanding of all the key HR areas’

Did you know that the University of Kent offers apprenticeship opportunities within our many professional services roles?

Apprentices like Ella Minter pictured above, can join many areas of the University to learn a trade, earn a salary and progress to a successful career.

Ella started her Level 3 HR Support apprenticeship after leaving school in September 2021 to help realise her aspirations in Human Resources.

Ella’s week involves working within the HR team at Kent Business School for four days and taking time to study for one day a week. The apprenticeship lasts for two years.

She says: ‘Working whilst doing the apprenticeship is actually really beneficial because you can put what you are studying into practice, which is really helpful.

So far I’ve gained an understanding of all the key HR areas such as recruitment, contract management, learning and development and employee relations.  The highlight of my apprenticeship is gaining the knowledge to be able to help people with their queries.

I hope my apprenticeship will take me on to the next stage of my career in Human Resources.’

To mark National Apprenticeship Week 2023 and it’s running theme of Skills for Life we caught up with Ella on camera to find out all about her apprenticeship.

Click on the video above for our full interview with Emma about life as an apprentice at Kent Business School, in HR.

Want to know more about apprenticeships? Click here for more.