Kent Graduate & PepsiCo Franchise Director Launches the MSc Marketing Masterclass Series

Kent Business School graduate and PepsiCo Saudi Arabia Franchise Director Fayek Alami launches the Kent Business School MSc Marketing Alumni Masterclass Series.

Fayek Alami, Franchise Director at PepsiCo, Saudi Arabia, and an alumnus of Kent Business School, University of Kent, gave a fascinating talk using MS Teams to Kent students in the first of the MSc Marketing Alumni Masterclass Series.

The talk covered Fayek’s experiences as a student at Kent, where he graduated in 2009, with an MSc in E-Business Management, and how he used the knowledge acquired at Kent to progress his career. He gave the MSc students unique insights into how the programme relates to the real work experience and also his tips for success when studying and for career development.

“I was so pleased when Des contacted me and asked me to give the first of the MSc Marketing Alumni Masterclasses he has organised.  I hugely enjoyed my time at Kent and it helped me to get to where I am now.  I am delighted to give something back to the current students and PepsiCo were very supportive of this initiative” – Fayek Alami

MSc Marketing Programme Director, Dr Des Laffey, who developed and organised the Masterclass series, commented:

“I have always known how strongly alumni associate with the University of Kent and the Kent Business School.  The Masterclass series plans to showcase our alumni and provide career role models for current students.  Fayek was a great student and a fantastic ambassador for both Kent and now his employer PepsiCo”.

The MSc students found the event invaluable. The next Masterclass is scheduled for November 4 with Xiaowen Li, who graduated from the MSc Marketing programme in 2018. She will explain how the programme enabled her to obtain her dream job in London, working for Mode Business – a new-breed digital banking app that enables users to manage their Sterling, Euro and Bitcoin from a single platform, as well as next-generation payments and marketing provider, JGOO.

It was so useful hearing how Fayek was able to apply what he learnt at Kent Business School to the workplace.  We were very grateful to Fayek and PepsiCo for offering us unique insights into a successful multinational enterprise” – MSc Marketing student Ionela-Gentiana Constantin

Learn more about MSc Marketing at Kent Business School

To contact Dr Des Laffey, MSc Marketing Programme Director, please email D.J.Laffey@kent.ac.uk

One response to “Kent Graduate & PepsiCo Franchise Director Launches the MSc Marketing Masterclass Series

1. This is extremely insightful because the ultimate value of knowledge is sharing with others.thank you fayek.