Introducing Stephen: Kent Business School Student Experience Assistant in Medway

Close up image of Stephen with a royal blue background

Stephen Owusu-Ansah is the new Student Experience Assistant based at Kent Business School Medway. In his blog, Stephen tells you a little about himself and how he can support you through your studies!

Introduce yourself

Hi, my name is Stephen Owusu-Ansah and I will be the new Student Experience Assistant at the Kent Business School (KBS) Medway campus. I started my placement year away from my BSc Business and Management course in September and it has been an exciting change from education. I’m from London and moved to Kent in 2018 and fortunately, it’s close enough for me to go home whenever I like.

Describe your new role

My new role is quite different from what I’m used to; after being a retail worker for so many years, it’s quite an interesting change switching into the office world. I have many responsibilities ranging from completing projects with deadlines to helping students with questions and issues they may be facing. It is also my responsibility to ensure that the student’s experience can be as enjoyable as possible.

What is the best thing about studying at Kent Business School?

The best thing about studying at KBS is how I am able to work closely with my lecturers and academic advisors who know me; it’s comforting knowing that I am working with a lot of people I already know quite well and meeting a few more people that I am building relationships with.

How can students contact you?

I’m on the Medway campus in KBS reception (Room G05) in the Sail & Colour Loft building Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm. If students aren’t able to come in, they can still contact me through either email or telephone. My email is S.Owusu-Ansah@kent.ac.uk and my telephone number is +44 (0)1634 888827!

What advice would you give to first-year students?

My advice to first-year students would be to enjoy your first year as much as you can! Make sure that you always ask questions as lecturers and academic advisors are always happy to help you out. Also, try and be social with each other and make friends.

What are you looking to achieve from your Year in Industry?

The main thing I am trying to achieve with my industrial placement is to gain all types of experience. Especially working in close relation to the Marketing Team, I would love to learn a lot more about what a professional team does on a day-to-day basis. Finally, start looking for placement and graduate roles ASAP!!!

What do you hope to do after you complete your studies?

After I complete my studies, I would like to get a graduate job. A business based role (preferably in Marketing) would be exactly what I have been working towards all of these years from secondary school to university.

Students are welcome to contact Stephen for advice and guidance via email S.Owusu-Ansah@kent.ac.uk or phone +44 (0)1634 888827! Read Stephen’s staff profile.