Do you want to develop your entrepreneurial skills? Hear from our inspiring students and industry experts? Or understand how we can create innovation in start-up using sustainable practices? Take a look at the upcoming events organised by ASPIRE at Kent Business School.
November | Micro-Tyco Month
Given just £1, how much money can your team make in just four weeks to help fund micro-loans for people starting businesses in the poorest parts of the world?
Join fellow students to develop your entrepreneurial skills in the WildHearts Micro-Tyco challenge. Part of our Global Entrepreneurship Week celebrations.
Wednesday 11 November 2020 | Enhancement Week Experience Day
Join ASPIRE for inspiration as we work with industry experts to unlock the design process and see how we can create innovation in start-up using sustainable practices.
Wednesday 18 November 2020 | Global Entrepreneurship Week: Young Entrepreneurs Panel Discussion
Join three young entrepreneurs to hear how they started their businesses, what drives them and their tips for start-up success.
Our panel is:
- Nadia Simpson – Accounting and Finance final year student and founder the Nadia Esi Labs beauty brand.
- Nathaniel Usherwood – MSc Computing and Entrepreneurship graduate, a serial entrepreneur running design and development company, Marzo Studio.
- Sam Darby – Computing and Business Administration graduate and co-founder of Growth, a company helping small businesses generate customer leads.
Wednesday 25 November 2020 | Masterclass workshop ‘How to Be Ready For Anything In Business’
Join Julie Flower, founder of Specialist Generalist, for a fun interactive masterclass workshop exploring how we can use improvisation and drama techniques to prepare for various challenges in business.
Wednesday 3 February 2021 | Inspiring Entrepreneurs: Changing the world one business at a time
Focusing on business for good, we meet the founders of three student and graduate companies who are determined to create social change and a better world through their enterprise.
Our panel is:
- Tobi Kolawole-Olutade – RR Collective takes unwanted rubbish and upcycles it into collectable jewellery. Founded by Politics and International Relations graduate, Tobi, it also aims to provide employment for marginalised communities.
- James Grice – Stay on Route is an app aimed at increasing accessibility to public transport for the visually impaired and blind communities. Founder, James, is a final year Kent Business School Management student.
- Esther Asaolu – Shady is a cosmetic brand created by Kent Business School Marketing graduates Esther and Jelikatu Kamara with graduate Psychology student, Fatima Kamate. It is for individuals of all shades aiming to create an online community tackling social issues and offering innovative and entertaining digital content.
Wednesday 3 March 2021 | Enhancement Week: An Introduction to Freelancing
Freelancing and the gig-economy contribute £199 billion to the UK economy with one in seven people working day self-employed. Join us for an Introduction to Freelancing workshop and find out if freelancing could be for you.
You’ll understand the positives and negatives of being your own boss as well as get practical advice on everything from how to set up a business, finances and budgeting, building networks, finding work and getting paid for it.
For more information email ASPIRE@kent.ac.uk
2 responses to “ASPIRE Events 2020/21”
Please keep me posted with the events
Absolutely we will. Look forward to seeing you at an event next year.