Dr Michele Bigoni Wins Kent Union Above and Beyond Award

Kent Business School’s Senior Lecturer in Accounting, Dr Michele Bigoni has won the Above and Beyond Award for the third consecutive year.

The Above and Beyond Awards were launched by Kent Union to celebrate outstanding members of staff, both academic and non-academic. Students nominate staff who they believe have gone above and beyond in their role.

There is no official ceremony but the students surprise the staff member whilst they are working, or even teaching! Michele was presented with his award, an Above and Beyond mug and five certificates, which featured comments from students about his excellent teaching:

His style of teaching is the best I’ve ever seen in my life. He makes me understand Accounting and Finance in a way I’ve never experienced before. Most importantly, he knows exactly how to conduct a lecture beautifully. One hour is like one minute to me.

‘Michele has done such a good job at trying to make a very difficult subject as easy to learn as possible. He always has a good attitude and is very friendly and supportive of students. There’s always a positive vibe in his lectures and classes, which is very rare for such a hard subject in itself for non-specialists!’

‘I am extremely pleased with this award and grateful to my wonderful students. It has been another very positive and rewarding year for me, the success and enthusiasm of my students is certainly the best part of this job. Receiving this extraordinary recognition for three consecutive years means that I am consistently meeting my students’ expectations, which is always the main challenge for a lecturer. I am particularly pleased to see that students feel I am contributing to enhancing their knowledge and employability in an innovative way. The award is a further incentive to do my best to make my students’ time at the University of Kent as productive and enjoyable as possible.’ – Dr Michele Bigoni.

Congratulations to Michele from all at Kent Business School.

Dr Bigoni is the module convener for AC521 Management Accounting 1 module, part of the Kent Business School BA Accounting and Finance programme. As well as this he is the module convenor for CB937 Financial and Management Accounting, a masters’ level module offered to students from different pathways, including MSc Management and MSc Marketing.

If you know a member of staff who has gone above and beyond for students, you can nominate them here.