Details Placement Year at We Brand It
Applications Deadline on 30th June 2013
Regions South East
Town/City Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary Information £150 per fortnight (Accommodation and transport to and from work is provided)
Role May Involve Sales, Business Management
Job Duration Placement Year (10 Months+)
This is a REAL JOB. It is fun, varied, complex and highly responsible.
The roles at We Brand It require highly organised, motivated individuals who have an exceptional eye for detail.
This is an excellent learning environment for a student of business, management, sales and marketing, and in particular for those wishing to gain experience within a dynamic, market-leading small business. It will suit a student looking to gain experience across a wide range of business areas. You will be working within a busy sales, marketing and sourcing office. Full product and sales training is provided within a two week training program. Full product, system and sales training is provided within a two week training program.
You will be working as part of a team with Business Development Managers where you will be working towards a monthly sales target. You will receive daily new enquires from new and existing customers. You will be working in a fast paced, responsive Sales team, dealing with both customers and suppliers. You will be expected to manage your time effectively and ensure that all enquiries are dealt with promptly and effectively. Those with an aptitude for closing sales and accurately processing paperwork will succeed in these roles. You will have the opportunity to further your skills in contemporary software such as Word & Excel, plus you will develop advanced skills in using sales and prospecting software.
Day-to-day duties and activities will normally include:
- Taking new customer enquiries by phone and over the internet
- Maintaining and updating the main contact databases
- Working with the Business Development Managers on complicated and high value orders when applicable
- Sourcing unusual products and creating bespoke quotations
- Following up and closing orders, liaising with clients over the phone at every stage to maintain customer service levels
- Sales and Purchase order processing (checking all details are correct to ensure the client gets the correct products)
- Liaising with domestic and overseas suppliers regarding all aspects of the order from quote to proof of delivery
- Artwork proofing orders
- Representing the company at Exhibitions
- Any other ad hoc duties
- Excellent English
- Have an interest in small business
- Ability to work professionally, quickly & accurately whilst under pressure
- Ability to communicate with accuracy & clarity in both verbal & written English
- Desirable attributes:
- Previous experience in a commercial office/business environment would be an advantage.
- Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator experience would also be advantageous.
- Accommodation in a 4 bedroom shared house is provided. You will be living with no more than 3 other students whom will also be on internships within the company.
- All bills, including your travel to and from work, are paid for by the company.
- Secure wireless internet is provided at each house.
- An allowance of £150 per fortnight is paid to cover subsistence.
The successful candidate will work in a relaxed semi-formal office environment.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.