An exciting opportunity for students who are looking for experience in the workplace. We are looking for students from a range of degree courses, to come and gain 12 months paid experience in media planning and digital media in one of the world’s leading Media Agencies.
Founded in 1997, Mindshare is now the world’s largest Media Agency Network with offices in 82 countries and employing 6,000 people worldwide, and is part of the world’s leading Marketing business WPP Group, led by Sir Martin Sorrell.
Mindshare operates at the very forefront of the media market, in the space where technology, consumers and content collide, employing over 400 people in its state-of the-art UK office in Central London, on the outskirts of Covent Garden, we have a reputation for Original Thinking and for long-standing client relationships with the world’s and UK’s biggest advertisers such as Unilever, Jaguar, Landrover, Three Mobile, River Island, HSBC, Ford, Zurich, Nike, Argos, LG, ITV, Lufthansa, Nestlé and the Post Office to name but a few.
It is an exciting business that combines the “traditional” skills of planning and buying media (TV, press, digital media) with social marketing, business planning, econometric modelling, and with an increasingly technical and data-driven arena we are looking to attract the very highest quality graduates to join us.
We are one of The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for, 2013! We invest heavily in staff development- training is extensive from the most junior level with mock pitches, cross-media training, and learning modules in conjunction with the GroupM University. We work hard to create a coaching culture across the agency and have launched training programmes including a “Future Leaders Programme”- a modular learning course designed to accelerate staff development and to expose employees to new areas of the business, and in January 2012 Huddle was launched- an innovative future planning discussion collaborating across our global network. Find out more here: http://www.mindshare.co.uk/news/articles/huddle.aspx
It’s not all work here- Mindshare hold social events for everyone including festive and summer parties and monthly get-togethers.
Mindshare is multiple award-winning: Cannes Gold Lions, IPA Effectiveness Awards; and our work for Nike, Volvo, One Water, Mazda, Kleenex and First Direct has won at the Revolution, New Media Age, MediaGuardian Innovation, Clear Channel Outdoor Planning, Marketing Week Engage and the A4U Affiliates Awards.
Further information can be found on:
What we are looking for and what the students can expect
For roles in Media Planning the most likely skills will be languages, social sciences and business sciences, whilst for Digital media, the most relevant skill sets will be for students from science, engineering, computing and business sciences.
Working as an intern in Digital Media
“You would be joining a team that implements digital media campaigns in display advertising, paid and natural search, paid social media platforms and affiliate marketing, and analyses and interprets data from these campaigns, in order to drive optimal business performance for our clients.
You would be trained to:
- Build new campaigns and working on the structure of existing campaigns.
- Analyse campaign performance data to better plan future activity and optimise existing activity.
- Interpret data to make the decisions that will drive better performance for our clients.
- Use insight tools that would work alongside our data analysis to help plan, build and manage campaigns across paid search advertising and paid social media advertising.
- Write effective ad copy across paid search and paid social platforms, testing different creative in different contexts.
- Carry out competitor analysis providing insight for our clients
- Carry out campaign checks to ensure that campaigns are displaying correctly
Working as an intern in Media Planning
“You would be joining a team that plans media activity that includes all media channels both online and offline, social marketing and content syndication and distribution, working closely with our specialists in those areas”.
- Competitive reporting
- Involvement in idea generation e.g. brainstorms
- Sourcing relevant market news or media developments to send to clients
- Target Audience profiling
- Working as part of a team to develop a media/communication plan
- Contributing to the development of a media/communications planning strategy and brief
- Managing day to day client requests
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Sarah Nolte, HR Executive: