Recently I tried to refurbish the code of a toolbox that I have created in Matlab. I have developed the code many many years ago when I was taking my first steps in programing with matlab and my coding skills were far from good. The main objective, which I thought it would be easy, was to remove all the global variables. Well, in practice I realised that this more difficult than I anticipated.
As the whole Europe is holding its breath for, what it seems to be, the final negotiations between Greece and its creditors on Monday I have stumbled upon an interesting article in Bloomberg summarizing in 5 charts the last five years of Greek austerity.